Jetter or ROD ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jetter or ROD ????

Do most of you carry the larger jetters with you on your trucks or do you need to come back with a trailer or cart jetter?

Comment

I carry a small gas jetter on the truck for grease in kitchen lines (homes) if needed. If I need a bigger jetter I go get my Jettter van. I used to use a trailer with the jetters but it was too big in the city to get into or close to homes. So Thats when I bought a van just for jetting.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I jet 95% of all blockages and I believe jetting does a better job as I have done camera inspections before and after both ways. The only times I feel I need to use my K1500 is when I think the jetter might cause flooding damage or if I need to retrieve the cause of the blockage.

Recently I was at a blocked sewer for a real estate I work for and I needed to bring back the cause of the blockages as we had been there before and I wanted proof the lady was putting baby whipes down the drain. Well after I removed baby wipes, two pop top drink bottles, a plastic jelly mold,a tap handle, a tennis ball, a large plastic lid and ended up pushing a billiard ball out to the main sewer in street with my camera there was no arguement. Had I used the jetter it would all have just been washed away and I would never had known what had caused the issues.

So I continue to use both as I see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Plumbing View Post
          Do most of you carry the larger jetters with you on your trucks or do you need to come back with a trailer or cart jetter?
          I have a 5000psi 5.5gpm jetter fitted to the tray of my truck. I like it that way as it is always with me and is easy to get to the majority of the jobs I attend.

Comment

jet almost everything.

exceptions are:

tubs/showers; cable is better for hair.

some vanity sinks; same reason, some of these get both a cable and a jetter, atypically I tend to jet first and cable afterward if I see indications of hair remaining.

small galvanized lines; jetter won't make the bends

flood causing situations where the damage isn't already done

toilet lines affecting only one or only a few units in multi-unit buildings; they are not frozen if they are inside the building, flooding is an issue, the clog will be close, and slinging hose up the stairwells is a pain.

some object retrieval/removal scenarios
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
            X