X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Face Book Adds

Mostly plumbing related, but I mix in local happenings because plumbing on its own is BOOOORING. And it's like a cross-pollenation/community service idea, knowing the local plumber put up community involvement "stuff".

It's more work than anyone knows, and mine are just video in raw format. Takes time to create a good video. As long as you keep the camera fairly straight, make the video without distortion, it usually provides the message.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Fun and informative thread. Nice insights, Dunbar. Fred even shot me a note giving you a thumbs up for your thought process. I settled on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for RIDGID social media. I certainly have examples where we sold product using the tools. Truthfully, for now, I really like them as another way to connect with our customers and have some real conversations.

To Dunbar's point, the most important thing is to be interesting. I find the most commented or "retweeted" posts are those where we talk about real life at RIDGID or dive deeper on a subject. Those are more fun for me as well.

Thanks to everyone on this forum, as always, and a special note of appreciation to those that are fans, friends, followers or subscribers of RIDGID.

Comment

Facebook Ads

Thanks to both of your responses. When I started participating in the same 3 social media networks, it came with hesitation. The reality was when I figured I'm better in the bubble than outside of it. Trends have their value and place while they're here today and gone tomorrow. You just have to respect every single opportunity out there that comes down the path where you can minimize costs and really bring recognition to what product or business you have.

It creates comfort buying. Coke and Pepsi know this method well. People are literally multi-tasking between their personal life happenings and product choices they choose to use during their time in social media. Nobody is complaining either. They want to know what's up with where their money is going in product choices.

Same reason I want to know when Ridgid comes out with a new tool in plumbing; I'm set up through different avenues to find out before my competition. That has a value. Plus there's the human element that I''m sure it's not a static page on a website that hasn't been updated in months/years.

Statistics do not lie in where the majority of people are spending their time online these days. 5 years from now, one of those three will probably dwindle down, but that doesn't mean it didn't hold value while it was prospering. Youtube I feel will never disappear. It might revamp into more options, but it's the video equation of the search engine that meshes nicely with web content we find now.
        Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 02-04-2010, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Well I appreciate your insight. I've been trying to make my company FB page "real" with day to day happenings. Not just "the company" talking at the audience.

Thanks Dunbar!
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Re: Face Book Ads

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
            What kind of things do you post to YouTube? Do you post there often?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO24RlbFW98

Caution! Some may find sound content offensive... Turn down the volume!
            Last edited by Redwood; 02-05-2010, 03:28 PM.
            411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

I am one of thos people that completely tunes out those ads on the side. I couldn't even tell you what I get ads for.

I wonder if you guys have better luck creating fan pages and having your "friends" become fans. Or just posting things about your business on your page that sshows up for the others to see.

For those of us that use faacebook through our blackberries, the ads never even come through.
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                I am one of thos people that completely tunes out those ads on the side. I couldn't even tell you what I get ads for.

I wonder if you guys have better luck creating fan pages and having your "friends" become fans. Or just posting things about your business on your page that sshows up for the others to see.

For those of us that use faacebook through our blackberries, the ads never even come through.
                EXACTLY, The ads "fade out" to most people, they call this "AD BLIND" in the marketing world (not that I know what marketing is or anything)

& To everyone else....

When did "SOCIAL NETWORKING" mean that advertisers or businesses should even be allowed?

Its like the maytag man trying to sell you a new appliance while your having a dinner party!

Personally, I think anyone who is trying to gain business from a "social" arena is just silly.

Then again, Its your money that's being wasted , not mine,

Its SOCIAL NETWORKING people, Let it be,........

Then again, Usually what I say is completely wrong, I just like to type
                Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Joey, thank for the tip. I didn't know that about blackberry users.

PlumbingSkool, I just have a page for my business, the only thing it costs me is time. I don't think I'm going to bother with advertising on FB.
                  www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                    Joey, thank for the tip. I didn't know that about blackberry users.

PlumbingSkool, I just have a page for my business, the only thing it costs me is time. I don't think I'm going to bother with advertising on FB.
                    Exactly - MrsSeatDown is 100% right - create a FREE fan page and then link it to all your friends

No reason to spend money on ads that won't convert
                    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Redwood,

i'm not sure wether to thank you or to say it assaulted my sensitive nature? it was funny but you should put a disclamer for sound content.
                      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                        Redwood,

i'm not sure wether to thank you or to say it assaulted my sensitive nature? it was funny but you should put a disclamer for sound content.
                        I have now done that. Thanks! I forgot about the sound track...
                        What was in that bottle anyway?
                        Lemonade?
                        411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Fallen Jug Alert! Cleanup!

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                          Redwood,

LOL! I lost my jug that day. Awe god the pain! Da pain!!! That work of art keeps paying off and it just paid off again today!

Comedic schtick works, well. That's how that video shows up from being posted months ago, thinking it died a horrible death after one small conversation.

Facebook integrates youtube videos with a link on the profile page. You can selectively put videos of your choosing to build a page of hand picked videos, whether they be of your own or other topics of interest.

You can do this on youtube but you have to direct link your gallery of videos. Most people find your videos by either related content or randomly watching videos and come across the content.

Facebook provides that ability which I find as another true value. Anytime you can join networks of people and put your name out there, it's the same as driving by, parking in their parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
                            I have now done that. Thanks! I forgot about the sound track...
                            What was in that bottle anyway?
                            Lemonade?

It certainly wasn't lemonade. Maybe a "rare" strand of Old Country Time though, wouldn't advise human consumption.

I was putting in long hours during that time...that's why you see the retired water heaters and drain cleaning equipment, empty faucet boxes.

Plumber Rick takes the audio soundtrack award for his trip down that hillside with the camera recording all his "Oh ****!!! Holy ****!

I'm sure there was a church nearby after that to help him in the cleansing.

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post

Groups work well on facebook. You post anything and it goes to their live feed wall. Fan pages I haven't tried, but it sounds like a good idea.

I get on my mobile just to read trail responses, but when I get home is when I'm looking at profiles and what I missed on the scrolling pages of activity that was missed.
                            Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 02-05-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Just got a pgae done on face book posted some jetting vodeos, search for Rhino Rooter on Facebook let me know if it works please ! Thanks

Comment

works!

Comment

Working...
                                X