Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aghhhhhhh!!!!!

Why is it??
    When you can't work the phone rings When your ready the phone never rings. Had to send the van in today for a new Water pump. Dropped it off at 6:30 am. Phone goes freaking bonkers at 7am . Sewers plugged, burst pipes, no hot water. 11 calls I don't even get 11 calls a week . Got the van back at 4:30 all but one were covered by other companies. None were from repeats customers. Dang nabit could have had a big money making day. Oh well what can you do? Maybe tomorrow will be busy to.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Re: Aghhhhhhh!!!!!

For me nobody calls until Ive had my 3rd beer !!

Comment

Clog, it never fails! I think its another thing ole Murphy the law maker, has inched his way into. This past Christmas dinner my son, who is a Navy FMF Corpsman with the 2nd Marines was home and he and I decide to go to the Marine Corps Museum in Quantico, Va. the following day. Business had been very slow and I had no reason to believe that it would change, so away we went. The phone jumped off of the hook. We probably lost a grand. I was able to get one emergency call in that night and that was it. What are you going to do except take it on the chin once in a while. Hopefully you just don't have glass jaw! And by the way, the Marine Corps Museum is nothing short of fantastic.

Comment

Wow! I thought this stuff only happened to me. The second I go away, get busy, wash up and relax.. That's when the phone rings. Not when I'm staring out the window wondering when my next job will be.. Gotta love it..

Comment

Mr. Murphy has all of our numbers one day or another!

Comment

Just opened my 3rd beer sittin here stareing at the phone it should ring any second !

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
              Oh well what can you do?
              Start buying spare equipment. When you get enough, buy a spare van to keep it in, then when something goes down, including the van, you hop in the other one and get through the day. When you get enough work, you hire a spare guy to drive the spare van, then start buying a third.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I have OSHA training all day today.
                I had 1 call yesterday. I'll probably get 5 today.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
                  Just opened my 3rd beer sittin here stareing at the phone it should ring any second !
                  Newcastle?
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

TWO PRINCIPLES I LEARNED EARLY IN LIFE

#1 WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS !

#2 IT IS ETHER FEAST OR FAMINE IN THIS BUSINESS !
                    JERRYMAC
                    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
                    X