General section cables 8LP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General section cables 8LP

Any one use the General 8LP sectitional sewer cables?

I have a 1 hp electric eel Model c ( brand new 4 month old). The 1-1/4" eel cables with a 1/2" inner core keep coming apart at the female coupling. 5 of them in the past 4 months have came apart!!.

I purchased General 8LP cables to run with the eel i was just wondering your thoughts of the eel cables compared to general cables?? The General 1-1/4" w/ 1/2" innercore seem much more flexiable than eel.
    I don know if that is good or bad?

These are the eel cables
    Last edited by jhplumbing; 02-04-2010, 07:07 PM.

Re: General section cables 8LP

Maybe you got a bad batch. None of my Eel cable ever came apart and I put them through Hell.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I run the 8L Proflex but I don't remember them being so shiny on the ends.

I hope they haven't changed anything
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Gene

That is a pic of the Eel cables, not the general ones. I could not find a pic of the General 8Lp

Comment

why did you get general cables instead of ell cables? i'm not poking you in the eye here. i'm curious. breid.............

Comment

When you say coming apart do you mean Disconnecting like pushing the pin down and turning OR the outer cable unwinding off the female coupling? If its unwinding they may simply need to be rebuilt or they are warn. Honestly I have never seen a model C cable come apart like that except when it snaps.

Comment

The Cables are BRAND NEW, 6 months old and used maybe 10-15 times!

The Eel cables unthread from the female coupling. The outer cable comes unthreaded from the female coupling and all i have left is a 1/2" innercore to get me back out of a sewer. This has happend to me 5 times now
              it is Very scary when your cabling a sewer to have it happen 5 different times with 5 different cables that are only 6 months old.

I do not trust the Eel cables one bit!! And then i seen GENE'S video with the general cables! Plus i have 7/8" innercore cable from general that i run with my k-60, and those work awesome! So i figured, what the heck i will buy some General 8LP cables!!

Comment

Sounds like it might just be a bad batch of cables. All we use are eel cable even their 1/2. I have never had a problem with them. I dont know where you are from in Michigan but call Bill Cosgriff he is the eel rep for Michigan see what he says.

Comment

Every one in Michigan knows Bill Cosgriff!

I went there last week ( what a scary place ) and he had to send the cables back to Electric eel to get authurized to fix them or replace them.

Comment

Yeah its kinda hard to explain to people how to get there I usually tell people turn down the alley after Avery. Bill, Marty and Phil are the nicest people you could meet though. Bill and my dad have known each other for 35 years.

Comment

I used the General 8LP cables today for the first time. The have more loops on the outer cable than the Eel ones. So there for they self feed into the sewer slower, but they seem to feed in MUCH smoother!

Comment

jh

it would help if i had read you post correctly. breid................

Comment

Working...
                        X