what is the difference?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what is the difference?

it is full. i'll havde to look on unplugging it.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
      i just jetted my drains in my house. question? why after 15 min. the jetter just shuts off? this is a 5.5 gal 3,500 psi. using a foot pedel and 1/8 hose.
      Originally posted by Jerad View Post
      it is brand new. and yes out the the back of the pump water was comming out but not to much. i'm sure it just over heated in 30 degree weather i checked it with a pipe and bucket 2.5 gal at 3,800 to 4,200 psi. was the reading on the gauge.

i hade the nozzel custom for 2.5 gal at 2,000 psi. i wonder if i just have it turned up to high?

it did a great job though. i was impressed. i used the micro drain. it was nasty. then spotless. all abs.
      jered, you have an issue here.

there could be an automatic high temperature shut off on the pump unloader. problem is you have a 5.5 gpm pump at 3400 engine rpms. sure lowering the rpm will decrease the gpm, but it will aso lug the engine and that too will overheat. the engine needs a good 3000-3200 rpm for the proper cooling of the fan.

the simplest bet is to bypass some of the water from the high side and dump it. this will allow the proper rpm and maintain no back pressure on the pump. with a trailer jetter it's no problem as you have a tank.

picture a 7500 or 1500 trying to do 1.5'' drains. there's a machine for every job. you need a smaller machine to do the small pipe, or you need to tweak your output with a 3 way valve.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

so on a tee how much should be going out? maybe 1 gal a min?

Comment

honestly, the difference between the 5.6 and the nozzles of choice. a little bypass is not bad, but too much is bad. of course with a trailer and tank, it's easier to bypass back to the tank.

now if we had a variable pitch pulley on a belt drive, all would be good gear drive would be impossible at this point.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I doubt the thing is smart enough to shut down from water temp. The most I've ever seen for that is a temp relief valve that dumps off the high side.

I run mine at less than full rpm all the time. Never had overheating problems.

It just stalled out? Did it start up again right away? Did you have to crank it more than usual? Did you have to let it cool down before it would run again?

If it started up right away, especially if you had to crank it more than usual, and especially if you had to choke it to get it to start again, it's fuel. Start with the simple things. replace the crappy little plastic in-line filter it came with with a glass one with a removeable/cleanable screen. Random shutting down can come from a piece of crap in the carb float bowl that gets sucked up and blocks the main jet once in a while.

If you had to let it cool down first, probably still fuel, but vapor lock. Have you moved the fuel tank from where it was originally mounted or are you using a different tank? Is the fuel line run anywhere near the exhaust or muffler?

A little electric fuel pump is the nuclear solution for vapor lock or a tank moved down somewhere too low.

That water leak at the pump is not right. It's new so it should be under warranty. Consider telling them you'll be happy with a pump rebuild kit and do it yourself depending on how long they'll have it.
            Last edited by Ace Sewer; 02-07-2010, 02:35 AM.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Alex,

as far as the water coming out it is the little black thing at the back of the pump it looks like it is suppose to come out.

it would start up right away. no problems there. gas tank was 1/2 full.

Comment

I run mine with the unloadre cranked all the way in all the time. Going to just remove it but haven't found the time so I just leave it cranked in. I've had where some grit gets in and out to the nozzle and plugs up the jets. Pressure then spikes with no unloader, and fortunately this will stall out my engine before it blows up the pump. So it's a long shot but maybe with the little hose set-up it bogged out.

But mostly, I'd be looking at your fuel supply.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

thanks,

the next time i use it, i'll have to mess with it.

Comment

It will not start or no water comes outs when its running?

Comment

Working...
                    X