X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the difference?

ok so now i'm as some of you know looking at a smaller jetter for inside lines.
    i think i want the one Alex has.

but what is the difference between 1.5 gal and a 2 gal if the pressure is the same? i know flushing is what you'll say. but what about clean ablity? is that the same?
    that extra 1/2 gal seams expencive.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Re: what is the difference?

I jet with a 1.7 G.p.m at 1600 PSI never had a problem in a 1.5 - 2 ' Drain, Infact I unclogged a 4 " lateral with it yesterday, dont Normally use it for this it was the only one i had with me and my big jet was 75 miles away, camered the line after words and it did a pretty good job it just took allot longer than it should have !

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
      ok so now i'm as some of you know looking at a smaller jetter for inside lines.
      i think i want the one Alex has.

but what is the difference between 1.5 gal and a 2 gal if the pressure is the same? i know flushing is what you'll say. but what about clean ablity? is that the same?
      that extra 1/2 gal seams expencive.
      Are we talking gas or electric?
      I dumped my 1.7GPM and went to a portable 2.2 gpm same psi and it rocks!
      I can't see 1.7 vs. 2 gpm costing very much different it's when you get past 5gpm things get pricey.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

electric

Comment

Yea my 1.7 was electric my 2.2 is gas. What is the price difference between electric 1.7 and 2?
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

as far as the 1.5 gal i've seen them for about $200 but they are not rated for heavy duty. i'm sure it would be a temp. thing as it would be matter of time before it goes out then i'd have to buy another one.

the main reason i ask as for as clean ablity (not fush ablity) would it matter?

i'm guessing not. i might just risk it. but i'm thinking of all my options. or i might do a micro reel off my 5.5 gal 3,500 psi.

Comment

The main reason I do electric is so as not to have to sling hose to and from the gas jetter in the van. I do a ton of sinks in condo complexes, and running hose up the stairs 5 flights and then down the hall to the unit just isn't an option. Still a pain at a house, but not so bad. A mini reel hooked to the gas machine could work depending on where your work is.

As to 2gpm vs 1.5... I don't really know as I've always had 2gpm.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Jerad you are good to go! Use the remote reel and foot valve. Run the hose thru a window and I just tape a towel around the contact spot to not ruin window trim.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i just jetted my drains in my house. question? why after 15 min. the jetter just shuts off? this is a 5.5 gal 3,500 psi. using a foot pedel and 1/8 hose.

Comment

The Jetter may have over heated. Where is the water coming from a hose or a tank? When you are not jetting the pump is still pumping. The water get returned to the intake side of the pump. This works for a while then this water becomes too warm. Some pumps protect this by letting that water out of the system. Let it cool and try in 10 mins. Is there water leaking from the pump? This is a gas unit. Gas, vapor lock from fuel source. 1/8 inch hose is pretty small for 5.5 gpm. This can cause the unloader to bounce. This can be hard on the unloader. The unloader may be stuck closed. Take the pressure off the system and start over. Is the unit new or is this an older washer converted into a jetter.

Check the water source sometime it take a second for the water to come out under pressure.

THEY dont run forever.

Comment

Check out watercannon.com for parts. They are priced right and have most pumps and unloader parts on hand.

Comment

it is brand new. and yes out the the back of the pump water was comming out but not to much. i'm sure it just over heated in 30 degree weather i checked it with a pipe and bucket 2.5 gal at 3,800 to 4,200 psi. was the reading on the gauge.

i hade the nozzel custom for 2.5 gal at 2,000 psi. i wonder if i just have it turned up to high?

it did a great job though. i was impressed. i used the micro drain. it was nasty. then spotless. all abs.

Comment

This is your gas unit right? Is it a honda motor with a low oil shut off? Check the oil if it is and sometimes if it has the oil shut off they go bad if full of oil unhook the sensor and see if that does the trick. Let us know.
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

yes this is my gas unit honda motor. oil full. it's a brand new unit.

Comment

Hondas are checked by unscrewing the dip stick,wiping , then just push it into the hole to check it's level do not screw it in.
                              Is this how you checked?
                              Even new oil alerts can be bad thats why I said un hook it. Just un hooking it will do no damage if your oil is full to begin with.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                              X