X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February off to a slow start

So far this February is down rite Slooooooooow.
    Freeze up calls 0 in January Unheard of in this area. Odd winter this year not much snow not to cold. Even the price shoppers seem to be missing. This is the part of winter I hate most. Nothing to do..
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Re: February off to a slow start

Only 3 freeze ups this winter.
    1) sewer
    1) 8" water main
    1) 3/4" hdpe well line

Went to a dig up the other day and frost was only 3' in a plowed parking lot.
    No frost under snow.

Roots are not even active this winter. I think it may have something to do with all the rain just before the cold and the lack of real cold freezing the ground.

I'm hopeing this latest cold snap will change things. Winter started late, perhaps it will end late
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Toilets are slow but that's to be expected this time of year. The economy is making it much, much worse however.

Septic in January was very slow. February has been pretty good so far. I've had a couple of calls off of my reminders and one response from a coupon I put in the paper recently.

I did sell two old portable toilets yesterday, so that helped a little. I also picked up a new account right next to our office at a little roach coach.
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

so far this year has been gangbusters for me

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I think everyone is out of money or whatever money they have left they are clinging on to, but there are some other issues that are also effecting this industry as well as a whole. ( see my opinion piece below)

Anyhow:

People are broke, I don't care what CNNmoney says with all the "Green shoots"

Its all BS , people can't pay their bills, at least here in the NorthEasT, and its starting to show in the trades, and when they do decide to spend money they usually use google and look at the results (also see opinion piece)

I am really sorry to hear that you are slow, and I hope it picks up for ya buddy

Bottom line: Middle Class is going away fast and the middle class was the bulk of the work for many companies, now that there is no more money, there will be fewer and fewer service calls.

I think it will get a lot worse over the next couple of years.

Opinion Piece Start
          (more about the residential service market, not commercial)

Also - BIT off topic.(Not directed at you but at the industry as a whole)
          (also just an "opinion piece", my opinion that is)

BUT: When "Plumbers" on "other" forums treat "Ho's"(homeowners for short) like they are garbage .......well what did you think will happen?

You know when you do a lot of searches on google for "plumbers" or "plumbing" some of these threads(not here, other zones of the web) show up were everyone is "ganging up" on the "HO", and then they google and read all these "professional plumbers" screaming how , "I hate this". "this guy was an arse"

Or how about: "I hate price shoppers"

Which is a common complaint I read all day long and then when there is no price shoppers its "Hey, The phone won't ring"

Cake and eat it too?

Doesn't anyone realize that all that stuff is indexed in the search engines?

Ever stop to think that karma works both ways?

Ever stop to think that if you did a positive spin that the results might be different?

Crap, If I was a new homeowner which many are now (many college kids and young people are buying houses), and I saw these men and women swearing like sailors at every homeowner that comes into path......well man......I am not sure if I would call one,

Hell, I to would probably risk trying it myself.....

I mean seriously some of those OTHER forums receive THOUSANDS of guests a day reading all about the guy that is going to walk into their home when they call.

My advice, Better change the ways on some of those forums, before they hurt the industry even more.

If anything, the professionals should be embracing the homeowners and in turn the industry will get more respect.

Ah, who knows, I could be off base, but as I always say. "I like to type"

Cheers
          Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
          New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Had one trailer freeze up and one sewer to septic freeze up in December.
            This past Thursday call for a frozen sewer to tank. Line was crushed. Odd set up. Two outlets less then 8 feet apart one on left was frozen one on right was clear. One on left not even glued to out going sewer. Less than 25 feet to tank.

This place is only 4 years old plumbing all messed up House is vented by
            1 1/2 only. Kitchen sink runs and drains into basement sewer ejector pit. Not vented you should here it gurgle in the S trap up stairs. Would have made some good $$ HO just wanted me to glue the clean out and that's it. Oh well Keep DIY buddy
            Attached Files
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

not sure as i had 3 emergencies today and had to give up my kings tickets i bought in october to joeys brother and niece. 13 rows from the ice

kings 4 redwings 3

kings on a 9 game win streak

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post
                not sure as i had 3 emergencies today and had to give up my kings tickets i bought in october to joeys brother and niece. 13 rows from the ice

kings 4 redwings 3

kings on a 9 game win streak

Rick.
                go sharks
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X