Everyones in the Jetter Biz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyones in the Jetter Biz

I was on ebay looking at jetters. Seems to me one trip to the farm store and you can be in the equipment MFG game. The prices on this stuff seem high for what you get. I have build my last couple unit myself. I wounder if this cheaper machines will end up flooding the market?

Re: Everyones in the Jetter Biz

we all want to be like Bill from down under!
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Buying jetter is just like everything else in life...You get what you pay for !

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
        Buying jetter is just like everything else in life...You get what you pay for !
        Speaking of which... I'm looking for an electric cart jetter. I'm looking at Spartan and MyTana. There's are 133 and 143 pounds respectively. Then I saw a Mustang online which has approximately the same output (higher pressure, but slightly less gpm) but it weighs half.

The HP is the same, the pump puts out the same, they all pulse, they all have hose reels. Yet clearly there must be a substantial difference. Does Mustang hold up? I haven't seen pricing yet for Mustang but I would prefer to lug around 60 some pounds instead of 135.

Anyone know why the difference offhand? I'm calling Mustang today but would rather get an explanation from someone other than a salesman who has a vested interest in selling not necessarily providing 100% of pertinent info.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I have not heard the name Mustang in a long time. They where one of the first small electric jetters out there. I wounder if they are still using the opposed twin piston cast iron pump. They need to hire a better guy for their website... half the pictures are broken. I really like General's cart jetters , I have never had any issues with them at all. I do not know if this is still true or not but about 10 years ago Spartan Tool bought out Mustang, for a while they where pushing their jetters, then one year they fell of the face of the earth. That is why I am surprised to hear their name again.

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
          Speaking of which... I'm looking for an electric cart jetter. I'm looking at Spartan and MyTana. There's are 133 and 143 pounds respectively. Then I saw a Mustang online which has approximately the same output (higher pressure, but slightly less gpm) but it weighs half.

The HP is the same, the pump puts out the same, they all pulse, they all have hose reels. Yet clearly there must be a substantial difference. Does Mustang hold up? I haven't seen pricing yet for Mustang but I would prefer to lug around 60 some pounds instead of 135.

Anyone know why the difference offhand? I'm calling Mustang today but would rather get an explanation from someone other than a salesman who has a vested interest in selling not necessarily providing 100% of pertinent info.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          Ron's Facebook
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I use the general J1450 or 1650 not sure the exact model # but ive been very happy with it and i dont think it weighs that much

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
              I use the general J1450 or 1650 not sure the exact model # but ive been very happy with it and i dont think it weighs that much
              They both are the same jetter unit, difference is one is on a wheeled cart with a reel for the jetter hose. Now they make two styles of carts. One is a bit large with the jetter unit mounted on the top the other is a bit more slim lined with the reel mounted over the jetter.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              Ron's Facebook
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Ridgid unit on ebay now. Not sure what model.

Comment

I got the info on the Mustang vs SPartan MyTana weight differences.

If you go to this page.. http://www.mustangunits.com/1302.htm

It says 61 pounds and shows a picture of the unit. However, what's shown in the picture isn't what you get for 61 pounds. The "1302 complete" weighs in at a hefty 176 pounds. Which is more than Spartan and MyTana and also puts out less pressure. It also costs about $400 more at $2990.

The salesman was a very informative and nice fellow, and perhaps I will buy some hoses from him. I doubt I'll be getting a Mustang because contrary to the claim it's not lightweight when compared to some others.

Oh, Ron, you were right, the salesman mentioned that Spartan and Mustang are sister companies.
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I have a water cannon 2 hp 1500 psi 2.2 gpm works well for inside drains
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                    X