jetting under drive way ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetting under drive way ????

Can I use My 6.5 H P jetter to get a 3/4 " gas line under concrete? About 5'?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: jetting under drive way ????

didn't you see my 4'' waste pipe done with a 2hp. electric jetter.

of course you can.

honestly a water hose and hammer the end tight will also work easy. remove the boring pipe and slide in the real pipe. cap the end or tape it shut properly.

free advise. no steaks required

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Tool;
      Sometimes I just cut some PVC pipe to a point at the end and sledge it thru adding water from a garden hose if the soil is not bad.
      I just bought a double pressure washer tip head and added 2 0 degree tips to it and I am going to try it out for boring under stuff but as yet I have not tried it out, will post when I do. I plan on using my trash pump to take the slurry away but I think I need to buy a big trailer vac to do what I want.
      Last edited by Cuda; 02-07-2010, 03:31 PM.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
        Tool;
        Sometimes I just cut some PVC pipe to a point at the end and sledge it thru adding water from a garden hose if the soil is not bad.
        I just bought a double pressure washer tip head and added 2 0 degree tips to it and I am going to try it out for boring under stuff but as yet I have not tried it out, will post when I do. I plan on using my trash pump to take the slurry away but I think I need to buy a big trailer vac to do what I want.
        I like the trash pump idea ! SMART
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          didn't you see my 4'' waste pipe done with a 2hp. electric jetter.

of course you can.

honestly a water hose and hammer the end tight will also work easy. remove the boring pipe and slide in the real pipe. cap the end or tape it shut properly.

free advise. no steaks required

rick.
          I may have another job that would pay the $1000 for Your set up.
          Would You buy it again??? thanks

Comment

on many side walks and drive ways, I have just put on a brass adapter from pipe thread to garden hose thread,

and put on a drive way sweep nozzle and most of the time one can easily jet just using normal water pressure,

and on the other end a garden hose adapter,

and the necessary length of pipe to reach the other end,

unless you hit some big rocks one should be able to jet 10 to 15 feet with out much trouble,
            Attached Files
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              I may have another job that would pay the $1000 for Your set up.
              Would You buy it again??? thanks

it's a nicely put together package and was very cleaver.

it's worth the money if you use it. if not it's not worth the money.

the jetter makes for an easy push without all the waste water. a garden hose will produce too much water on a decent run.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Plumbers down under would just buy a ground probe jet rod from The Jetters Edge with 3 front jets firing forward on 15 degree angles designed to cut a hole through the soil and small rocks under the path. A guide tube also helps. You connect the GPJR to a couple of straight SS extensions and push it forward as far as you like.

I used it to help the sparky run power to the pool. It bored 3 x 4' lengths and came out the other end. Saved hours of digging.

Can't find a picture on the web site...will fix.
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

I JUST USED THIS

http://www.perfectoproducts.net/inde...ge=hydro-drill
                  JERRYMAC
                  E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                  CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                  FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                  SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    Can I use My 6.5 H P jetter to get a 3/4 " gas line under concrete? About 5'?
                    If you are only going 5' you need to just sledge hammer through an old pipe, pull it out and slide in your new pipe. I think you are over thinking the problem.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      If you are only going 5' you need to just sledge hammer through an old pipe, pull it out and slide in your new pipe. I think you are over thinking the problem.

Mark
                      Mark , the 5' is in the courtyard . It's gas pipe on the flat roof or 2' deep under the slab on grade. They pay for the equept., for Me ,if they want down under

Comment

They opted over the roof [duralast material ] . I'll just lay pipe on bricks.
                        I priced the 35' under slab as a $2200 extra. Would of paid for another toy.
                        Rick ain't the only sick, tool Puppy.

Comment

Working...
                        X