X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like father, like son

it's been 10 years since this customer has had a mainline stoppage. 4'' non-directional front yard c/o. ran my k-60 with 3'' spiral saw to open the line at 15' in. continued to 30' and pulled back roots and then put in my 1.25'' cable with timberwolf to 40'. first 20' 4'' clay and last 20' was 6'' clay.

as you can see, the k-60 opened the line, but i then switched to the timberwolf with 1.25'' cable and a 4'' x 6'' spring loaded ridgid cutter modified to fit my cable.

looks like the old man still has it in him to show the kid how it's done

rick.

looks like we're all eating good. son 7/8'' ridgid innercore, 1.25'' general innercore, and my superbowl boiler.

the 1.25'' cable with the ridgid 4'' x 6'' expanding cutter modified to fit the general. the 7/8'' ridgid innercore cable with 3'' spiral saw.

some serious cable with serious roots.

ridgid 4'' x 6'' cutter with ficus roots for lunch.

the power of the ficus roots.

joey, looks like root soup for dinner tonight.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-09-2010, 04:02 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: Like father, like son

What made you switch to the timberwolf?

No jetter this time? with your post of jetter pics latley I was figuring that the timberwolf needed a break

Comment

I notice under todays birthdays Timberwolf turns 61.
      So your celebrating the birth of your tools now Rick?

Your a sick, sick man
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Nice hood to be working in. No payment plan needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
          What made you switch to the timberwolf?

No jetter this time? with your post of jetter pics latley I was figuring that the timberwolf needed a break
          the jetter gets used on area drains, and on drains that are so root infested that a cable won't clean. long runs and steep downhills. typically i don't jet sewers unless i have a track record there.

the k-60 opened the line in a couple minutes pulling back the catch in the photo. but knowing it was a 6'' line to real with, i wanted to install the 4'' x 6'' expanding cutter. i don't think the 7/8'' cable can handle the mass of the cutter. it was designed for the 1500 connector. i even have a 6'' x 8'' expander

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            I notice under todays birthdays Timberwolf turns 61.
            So your celebrating the birth of your tools now Rick?

Your a sick, sick man
            good catch

problem is timberwolf signed up a year before me and has 0 post

but now has his own thread

when is ediths birthday

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

So Rick, was the title of this thread a Freudian slip because Joey is pregnant? I am sure whether you guys have a boy or a girl you guys will be great parents. Make sure you teach the baby at a young age how to use a camera so you can finally fire your camera crew.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                i wanted to install the 4'' x 6'' expanding cutter. i don't think the 7/8'' cable can handle the mass of the cutter. it was designed for the 1500 connector.

rick.
                I haven't located an expanding cutter. Where do you get yours? and more importantly will a .66 magnum cable handle one? (If you don't think a 7/8" cable can handle it, then... the answer seems obvious.)
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                  I haven't located an expanding cutter. Where do you get yours? and more importantly will a .66 magnum cable handle one? (If you don't think a 7/8" cable can handle it, then... the answer seems obvious.)
                  i doubt the .66 will create enough whip/ rpm to properly hold the cutters open.

ridgid makes the cutter, but it was designed for the k-1500 sectional machine. not the 7500 drum machine.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Rick do You do Your own modifications ? Do You weld? If so ,Stick, mig tig ?

I'm guessing a small Mig . I love fabbing a one of a kind anything.
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Geno,
                      I have *NO* clue as to the cable you are using but,most around our part of the cold,
                      snowy woods I will run out with double 6"s.They do fine.
                      Had one 8" line ever but no roots...
                      A commercial building downtown with a dip at the clean out!
                      Pull the cap,jump back,go to town!

Comment

Working...
                      X