Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drain cleaning startup?

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
    And then there are those of us who respond to the drum vs. sectional debate by saying "jetter".
    I never really considered recommending a jetting.... Looks like there are many options. Can a jetter do everything a drum or sectional and do?

Comment

I have three machines, ( do some drain maintenance for some properties),
      I have a hand held unit basically a drill with a drum on it, it is a Milwaukee, I would buy a Ridgid unit if I was replacing),
      I have a K380, the truth is I have only really used it few times, nice intermediated machine, but most of the time I can do with the hand held machine if it is with in 25 feet, and only once have I needed it for the extra cable length,
      and I have the K750, and have used it most, (now part of this is Ricks fault, as he was once a K7500 drum only man), and he had not discovered the K60 at that time,

If I was going to set up again, I would most likely go with the K39 with the auto feed,
      and the k60 from the reviews, it gets on here,

If going Drums with the hope of daily use, I would consider the K7500 and the K3800 they appear to have some features that make ever day use easer, and the motors are different and if you read some of the older reviews (posts), some think the ability to hear the universal motor work gives one a better idea of what the cable is doing, over the induction motors on the lower cost machines,

IF you run into a lot of inside work the K400 or the K3800 may be necessary for your business,
      but the K400 or K380 is not a root machine,
      Last edited by BHD; 02-12-2010, 10:09 AM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
        I have three machines, ( do some drain maintenance for some properties),
        I have a hand held unit basically a drill with a drum on it, it is a Milwaukee, I would buy a Ridgid unit if I was replacing),
        I have a K380, the truth is I have only really used it few times, nice intermediated machine, but most of the time I can do with the hand held machine if it is with in 25 feet, and only once have I needed it for the extra cable length,
        and I have the K750, and have used it most, (now part of this is Ricks fault, as he was once a K7500 drum only man), and he had not discovered the K60 at that time,

If I was going to set up again, I would most likely go with the K39 with the auto feed,
        and the k60 from the reviews, it gets on here,

If going Drums with the hope of daily use, I would consider the K7500 and the K3800 they appear to have some features that make ever day use easer, and the motors are different and if you read some of the older reviews (posts), some think the ability to hear the universal motor work gives one a better idea of what the cable is doing, over the induction motors on the lower cost machines,

IF you run into a lot of inside work the K400 or the K3800 may be necessary for your business,
        but the K400 or K380 is not a root machine,
        Thanks man

Comment

Ben, i have 5 kids. and a wife does that make 6?
          the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
            We need experience I had no experience and look at all the money I made.
            I knew EVERYTHING there was to know in the first year. No experience required

Comment

Working...
            X