Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cutters for cheap on Ebay

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    last time you guys contradicted me on a 7500 trivia question, your department guy ended up having to face my lighting game and got shocked.
    i think they will remember as it was in front of all the big guys

so are you going to be my next victim to get shocked

let me know and i'll prove it

rick.
    Ok enough of the chest thumping already… As far as your lighting games… I’ll pass.
    Just remember who is answering all of the questions our customers have that aren’t getting typed out on the forum, as well as the ones you boys cant actually come up with.

Seeing as though the pictures are showing measurements of the blades and not precise measurements of the couplings, we are both providing educated guesses at best.

Here is my educated guess.

H-Cutter: I agree that the H cutter shown could be for the 7/8 cable, looking a little closer I don't see the coupling taper to the 1 3/16 size, so you could be correct.

4 Blade Cutter: We do not manufacture a 4 blade cutter that has 4 angled blades (like the one pictured) with a 7/8 coupling on it. I guess it is possible the owner took the blades off the coupling for the 1 1/4 cable and attached the coupling for the 7/8 cable, but I doubt it.

Chain Knocker: You can’t see the coupling on the chain knocker and that is the only way to determine which cable it will attach to. So technically your guess is as good as mine as to which tool it is for. You pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being correct.

Comment

Just as a warning, Rick and I both have cutters that are 30+ years old, some of which are still it the original boxes. What is available today is not necessarily what has been available in the past.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Understood. But these are definitely not cutters that are 30+ years old. Looking at the pictures this is very apparent. I am very familiar with what the old ones look like as well as the new. The machining of the couplings was quite different back in the day. Not to mention the blades generally have a different look to them.

Comment

Well did any of you guys buy the camera ? I bid to the end but winner got it for just shy of 2K It was a little too much for my comfort level as the seller was a little defensive regarding questions about the unit. I may have let the deal of the month get past me this time. Oh well still have my two spartans and the 325 SeeSnake to work with wife would have been when she found out anyway less beatings and head trama this way

Comment

My left mouse button bought it...... I tried to stop it but was too late click and it was mine I hope my mouse will pay me back.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Tech.Man View Post
              Ok enough of the chest thumping already… As far as your lighting games… I’ll pass.
              Just remember who is answering all of the questions our customers have that aren’t getting typed out on the forum, as well as the ones you boys cant actually come up with.

Seeing as though the pictures are showing measurements of the blades and not precise measurements of the couplings, we are both providing educated guesses at best.

Here is my educated guess.

H-Cutter: I agree that the H cutter shown could be for the 7/8 cable, looking a little closer I don't see the coupling taper to the 1 3/16 size, so you could be correct.

4 Blade Cutter: We do not manufacture a 4 blade cutter that has 4 angled blades (like the one pictured) with a 7/8 coupling on it. I guess it is possible the owner took the blades off the coupling for the 1 1/4 cable and attached the coupling for the 7/8 cable, but I doubt it.

Chain Knocker: You can’t see the coupling on the chain knocker and that is the only way to determine which cable it will attach to. So technically your guess is as good as mine as to which tool it is for. You pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being correct.
              i thought you would challenge me so i took some photos from my truck collection not even going to the shop. 2 things, based on the yardstick from the photo. the couplers are definitely 7/8'' and not 1.25'' that's obvious. the chain knocker is the same measurement that is the only one available for the 7/8'' cable. so i will assume the chain knocker came from the same 7/8'' cutter assortment he is selling.

since you don't want to play lightning, how about throwing a bone/ chain knocker my way since i don't already own one for the 7/8'' machine.

by the way the cutters i have in my photo have not been altered. these are what came factory attached to the 7/8'' couplings

sorry, but i usually don't take bets that i can't win. except when it came to arm wrestling ben

rick.

same type of tape measure shot showing a 7/8'' coupling with the 2 - 4 blade cutters and a grease cutter. i don't own an h cutter for the k-60.

better angle of the 4 blade cutters taken tonight.

close up of the cutter.

p.s. josh has my address for the chain knocker

i guess i can dig up some of the original boxes at the shop. but as mark has mentioned. we have cutters that go back possibly older than me. infact i have a few that the couplings are the old style and not the newer connector.

rick.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-17-2010, 11:37 PM.
              phoebe it is

Comment

i thought you would challenge me so i took some photos from my truck collection not even going to the shop. 2 things, based on the yardstick from the photo. the couplers are definitely 7/8'' and not 1.25'' that's obvious. the chain knocker is the same measurement that is the only one available for the 7/8'' cable. so i will assume the chain knocker came from the same 7/8'' cutter assortment he is selling.

since you don't want to play lightning, how about throwing a bone/ chain knocker my way since i don't already own one for the 7/8'' machine.

by the way the cutters i have in my photo have not been altered. these are what came factory attached to the 7/8'' couplings

sorry, but i usually don't take bets that i can win. except when it came to arm wrestling ben

rick.
                I have a couple Rothenburger or old style Ridgid 7/8 chain knockers around somewhere.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Congrats Cuda I hope it is a good deal for you. Please feel free to rub a little salt in the wound and tell me its a color unit that a little old lady only used two or three times and only the first five feet are scratched on the 200 ft rod .

Comment

yeah, let us know how it is.

Comment

Touche...

Chalk another one up for Rick.

Looks like the winner got them for $93 with shipping so he will find out soon enough. Not a bad deal considering list is around $180 for them.

I have doubled checked my info and now have my tail between my legs. I'm chewing my words and they aren't very tasty. The T-113 is actually a 3" 4 blade cutter with angled blades and the 7/8 coupling. Looks like that is exactly what you have pictured.

Rick seeing as though you have one there, what is the actual width measurement across the blades. I don't have one right here to measure, and the drawing I'm looking at doesn't give that measurement for some reason. Is it truly 3"? or 2 1/2"?

As far as throwing you a "Bone", I'm certain I would have my rear end in a ringer if I were to just send out a freebie without real warrant. Not to mention everyone else would have their hand out real soon too. Sorry.

Comment

i'll have to measure, but 99% sure they're 2.5''.

i came up $1.00 short on this one but who knows how high the other guy went

does the k-60 and 7/8'' cable have enough in it to keep the chain knocker runnig full speed. or is the 1.25'' cable the way to go with a chain knocker?

thanks for doing your research. you saved me a trip to the shop and digging up my boxes

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I don't think there is any doubt the power of the K-1500 would run the knocker at a more continuous high rate of speed. The drain size, and how much scale that is built up would play a huge role in determining that answer though. With a fairly open 4" line and just some remaining residue that needs to be knocked off, I think the K60 would run the knocker pretty close to full RPM.
                          You and the guys would probably be able to better answer that one, seeing as though your in the trenches day to day.

Anyone else out there used the knocker with the K-60? Any input?

Comment

i'll have to measure, but 99% sure they're 2.5''.

i came up $1.00 short on this one but who knows how high the other guy went

does the k-60 and 7/8'' cable have enough in it to keep the chain knocker runnig full speed. or is the 1.25'' cable the way to go with a chain knocker?

thanks for doing your research. you saved me a trip to the shop and digging up my boxes

rick.
                            I bid and went to bed because the auction ended at 4:00am my time, I want to try a chain knocker with the k-60 so it has that punk rocker look.
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Come on Tech Man, that education Rick gave you should be worth something! Throw him the bone! What do you other guys say?

Comment

Well an update the seesnake wasn't the great deal it seemed, 25% of the red lights in the head where out (black and white) and it was down to 82' so it had been around the block, just shipped it back for a full refund as per the auction warranty. Hope it don't take months for the refund but so far the seller as been pretty good on the phone.
                                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                                X