X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More water ram talk

I always keep my water ram around but almost never use it, takes up valuable space on the truck but when you need it...you need it. I went to a laundry drain call and what do I see.... a lead y with s trap going into the cement floor no cleanout and cross strainers so small not even my sink snake cable with no end will go thru. Busted out the water ram, a raincoat, and a prayer...bam flows great! I didn't even charge as it is for a good customer that builds a lot of homes and rough in's are kinda rare now days around here.
    I did explain it can back up again anytime and it should be updated in the future.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: More water ram talk

I used mine today on a bar sink. Cleared the drain perfectly. I have also used it on kitchen sinks, bathtubs, and lav sinks many of times, and the drains stayed open at least 2 years. I still will say its one of the best tools on my truck along with my Ro-Pump Super.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

i had one a long time ago and all i ever got was WET! that being said maybe i wasn't using it right.
      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Generally you just hold down tight with pressure but like one I had today it was a double sink and no plugs I had would seal the drain in the other sink so I had 1 hand on a plunger pushing down and the other pushing down on the water ram. I did not get wet but it's those weird jobs where you are in akward positions that get you covered.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i guess i'll have to take mine out of retirement and find my raincoat.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

maybe I should buy one ??????? and a raincoat?
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Mine sits on the shelf in the garage!! It has worked on some occasions when nothing else would. I'll admit that. If I have to use it I know where it is. However, I've had pipes blow apart, taken a urine shower on more than one occasion... So on the shelf it sits.

Ah... the sweet smell of urine.
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

If you all noticed I never said I use this on a urinal... I am to smart to take a yellow shower. I rather pull it and power rod the line. The water ram is great on sinks, floor drains laundry tubs, and floor drains. One tip is to carry a street 45ยบ to help change the angle for where a lav faucet gets in the way.

Comment

Couldn't you make a guard to go around it to block blowback? Like when a Vet puts a cone on a dogs neck....

J.C.

Comment

Yea next time I see somebody walking a little dog with one of those cones I am grabbing it and running.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                      If you all noticed I never said I use this on a urinal...
                      While I HAVE used it in urinal I didn't get sprayed there. (By then I had learned so I used towels and plastic bags to shield me.)

I got sprayed out of the toilet. Pretty much every time. If they make an extension I think I might get that.

Hey I bought a jetter last night on eBay. I think I got carried away and overpaid a bit. It turns out I could have gotten the same thing new for $400 more. Oh well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370333949845
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                        While I HAVE used it in urinal I didn't get sprayed there. (By then I had learned so I used towels and plastic bags to shield me.)

I got sprayed out of the toilet. Pretty much every time. If they make an extension I think I might get that.

Hey I bought a jetter last night on eBay. I think I got carried away and overpaid a bit. It turns out I could have gotten the same thing new for $400 more. Oh well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370333949845
                        They do make an toilet extension.

Comment

Working...
                        X