X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought a k-7500, now what?

Found a good score on a used k-7500 that is about 8 years old. It is in perfect woking order. It has 100' of 3/4" electric eel cable (that fits ridgid) the cable was purchsed 3 months ago. it also has an extra drum with 100' of broken ridgid cable. I will just probably trash the broken ridgid cable.

What cutters work best for roots? Any tips?? I have not ran a drum machine in about 5 years or so. I have all sectionals, (K-50, k-60, model c electric eel ) I got a great deal on the machine $600.00, and figured i would give it a shot!
    I already do not like loading it it my cube van! might need a crane like rick!

Re: bought a k-7500, now what?

ill take the ell cable
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

is the eel cable any good, it seems very flexiable, not super stiff

Comment

You can use the eel adapter that lets you use the eel's 1 1/4 cutters which are some good cutters, or you can use the standard blade holder and pair shaped cutters that spartan and Ridgid users use. Eel cable feels and is a bit more limber than most cables out there, but it can really build up the torque and handle it well.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

bought a k-7500, now what?

Make sure your account is in good standing with your Chiropractor!
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

do like me

retire it and store it at the shop.

you're already a pro on the k-60 and you love it. why change now

of course you could hire a second guy to help load, unload and get it up and down the stairs and ladder

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

well once you have done a couple jobs that only the k-60 can do (roof vent,or small crawl space) and you want to go home for the day and another call comes in with cleanout outside, easy run to the street, grab your bucket to sit on and your k-7500 and power feed that puppy out and back and go home with the extra money!
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

bought a k-7500, now what?

Put it to work !
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I had a chance to use it yestarday, but i was scared!

This sewer line 6" clay, had not been snaked out in 6 years with two huge trees at around 90 ft. I gave it a thought on using the k-7500, but then grabbed the Electric eel, thank god. it was a nasty one! Bad ROOTS, but no match for the Eel.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The 7500 would of handled that with no problem at all.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

And you could have sat on a bucket
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                        I had a chance to use it yestarday, but i was scared!

This sewer line 6" clay, had not been snaked out in 6 years with two huge trees at around 90 ft. I gave it a thought on using the k-7500, but then grabbed the Electric eel, thank god. it was a nasty one! Bad ROOTS, but no match for the Eel.
                        Thats nothing for a K-7500

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I used the k-7500 for the first time today! I must say i do like that i only have one trip in the house unlike the k-60 or the electric eel where i have to make 2-3 trips in.

I was very impressed with it!! Cut Through roots great!

The k-7500 is VERY HEAVY! thank god a had a helper, But i did get to sit on a bucket! It sure takes up alot of room on the van. i will carry it a along for a few more days to test it out!

Comment

another convert to all clear.......
                            the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

[QUOTE=jhplumbing;283231]I used the k-7500 for the first time today! I must say i do like that i only have one trip in the house unlike the k-60 or the electric eel where i have to make 2-3 trips in.

I was very impressed with it!! Cut Through roots great!

The k-7500 is VERY HEAVY! thank god a had a helper, But i did get to sit on a bucket! It sure takes up alot of room on the van. i will carry it a along for a few more days to test it out![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jerad;283236]another convert to all clear.......[/QUOTE]

not so quick jered.

so now he has a helper, less room in the truck and sits on a bucket.

lets see in a few more days who gets the loving

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X