X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Traps

I have battled a few of these lately and decided to buy a Waterram to help deal with them...
    I sometimes have luck with a shopvac but NEVER have luck with a cable, I always push through the sides of lead drumtraps

My raincoat and goggles are on the truck... I will take a video of my first couple of shots (should be good for a laugh).

Bill

Re: Drum Traps

If you get wet, I'll nominate you for Thread of the Week Award!

Comment

I have one and sometimes they just work when they won't let you cut the dam drum trap out of there.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Dog Cone man.... Dog Cone......

J.C.

Comment

dont use ti much pressure as you will blow the top off.

they work good but htey have a learning curve.

i use mine about 6-7 times a year.
          Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
          1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
            I have battled a few of these lately and decided to buy a Waterram to help deal with them...
            I sometimes have luck with a shopvac but NEVER have luck with a cable, I always push through the sides of lead drumtraps

My raincoat and goggles are on the truck... I will take a video of my first couple of shots (should be good for a laugh).

Bill
            Gooooood luck!! Start with low pressure. If you blow the lid off you may wreck ceiling plaster and everything else within watershot. Make sure the overflow tube is secure, I've blown those off too.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I always start at 5 psi and go up in 5 psi increments If it does not let loose by 20 to 25 psi then find another way to do it. But in 98% of the time i never have to go any higher than 15 psi on the water ram.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

If I can't hop the drum trap with my cable air ram gets the call.
                Try this trick.
                Jam a rag into the trip waste over flow nice and tight so no air gets out. Squirt a large amount of Dawn dish detergent use hot water and work the plunger. Once soap seeps into clog give a couple of good plunges then shop vac. This tip is for those how don't have air rams.
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

One of the best tools I have on my truck is a Ro-Pump Super by Rothenberger. You can use it in few ways.
                  1. Slowly pull handle back letting tube fill with water then make the rubber seal around drain and give a good hard push.
                  2. With the handle in the down position make a good seal with the rubber around the drain and give a quick hard pull of the handle to suck the blockage out of the drain. As I get the handle all the way back I pull the Ro-Pump off the drain to try and catch what I sucked out.
                  3. Another way is to pull the handle back to fill the tube give it a push then a pull back and forth to help the water scour the walls of the pipe.
                  The first method works great on water closets with the long rubber. It will push the blockage out of the trap. It also helps clear the water out of the bowl to make pulling it easer.

The second method is great for bath tubs and lav sinks to pull out the hair and bottle caps.

The third one is great on lav sinks where the pop-up is all mucked up with that slime and such.

Of course as with any tool it takes practice and the time to learn to use it in a way that will work for you.

If your local sewer equipment suppler does not have these in stock Call Marvin at Allan J Coleman, I know he has a few in stock. All our trucks have one on them.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I like Acid and a plunger
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

How do you nominate a post.
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        I like Acid and a plunger
                        I want a shirt for everyday of the week that has your Avatar on it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                          How do you nominate a post.
                          In the first post of any thread at the bottom right.

J.C.

Comment

I see them so seldom it's easy for me to tell people that they are antiquated museum pieces and need to go. If I saw a lot of them I'd have to find a better way of dealing with them.
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I just cut them out, if at all possible. If not then off with the cover and snake them and hope for the best. If I can't snake it, because of no access to the co, then it is time to work my plunger magic.

Comment

Working...
                              X