X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finnally kinked a cable!

Bound up in a 2" CI wash machine drain line under the slab. Originally I tried three different cable heads that came with my K50. Finally I got the head past a stiff point and went in 15'. Upon pulling the cable out, it bound up. Tried back and fourth a couple times then jammed on it and kinked the cable. I got everything out, nothing on the end. I then stuck my Seesnake compact down the line (lubed with Pamolive) went 15' no problems noted in the line! Hit a spot/divot could go no further. Got to find the c/o outside so I can camera back into the house to see from the other end.

Re: Finnally kinked a cable!

Sounds like a job for the MicroDrain!

Comment

would love the Micro drain myself. But I bet if I bought one a 50 foot model would come out.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

If it came with 50' you would probably want 75'

The new MicroReel is 100'

Using different access points, you can see almost the entire drain system in an average house using the 30 foot model.

Comment

The ease that my micro drain goes out it would seem like a 50' would be great but maybe testing showed a flaw so ridgid decided 30 was the limit. I would Love a 50'
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

could you have spun it the other way such that it would screw itself out?

I run into some tubs where the overflow has a single bolt in the center and there is not room to get the cable past the plastic bits that the bolt screws into. My tub cables have an open wound retriever cone on the end, and I can sometimes just start then end in and let it screw itself past that tight spot.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

i used my micro reel today and pushed out the entire 100' from the 3'' c/o to the 4'' cast line.

a micro drain cable would have been a wet noodle in that line.

unless you need to go through a toilet or a 1.5'' trap. you want the micro reel.

the micro drain is a speciality camera and the micro reel is an everyday camera.

but they will both work in the same housing.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

No matter how good you are with a machine. Kinks Happen to all of us.
                Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Thanks. I am just bothered by the fact that I could not see what the heads even got caught on!

I tried to reverse it, thats when it kinked I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                    Thanks. I am just bothered by the fact that I could not see what the heads even got caught on!

I tried to reverse it, thats when it kinked I think.
                    Pipe Gremlins. They have a good grip and will grab your cable to toy with you.
                    Rod

Comment

I once wound a 1/4 inch cable up so tight once it came out of the drain bent up like a 35 foot long curly Q, The cable went out 35 feet though the sink ptrap with no problem, hit the clog had it draining good but had to really pull hard to get it back, after i got it out i took off the p trap and there was a fork in it and i was pulling against the tines the entire way back.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                        Bound up in a 2" CI wash machine drain line under the slab. Originally I tried three different cable heads that came with my K50. Finally I got the head past a stiff point and went in 15'. Upon pulling the cable out, it bound up. Tried back and fourth a couple times then jammed on it and kinked the cable. I got everything out, nothing on the end. I then stuck my Seesnake compact down the line (lubed with Pamolive) went 15' no problems noted in the line! Hit a spot/divot could go no further. Got to find the c/o outside so I can camera back into the house to see from the other end.
                        Have they ever used drain-o? I run into many 1.5" and 2" lines that the drain-o dried and hardened on the inside of the pipe like rock! Shrinks the inside diameter down over time. I once had a 1.5" tub line out of the drum trap choked down to the thickness of a pencil with that stuff let alone a 5/6" cable!! Ended up having to chisel the stuff out.

Not sure if that's what you're up against, but though I'd share a situation where I've kinked a couple C-8's

Also, I have sometimes have a tough time the old FNW re-vent fittings on laundry wastes in older homes, especially if there are any CI fittings/offsets.

Hope you get it solved!

-Chris

Comment

Thanks...I didnt see anything out of the ordinary when I camerad the line. Going back tomorrow, we will see.

Comment

i hate a kinked cable thats why i buy the eel 5/8" dualmatic in 5 foot lengths. but i have a model n eel

Comment

Working...
                            X