X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubs

Had a run of these lately; tub drains, but only slowly. Pull the overflow and the stopper cylinder hiding down in there, drains nicely. Make the rod 1/4" to 1/2" shorter, all well. I usually snake these out anyway as if I leave a hairball in there I'm coming back. Sometimes I won't press my luck if it feels old and loose and ready to come apart under there. If it's a homeowner right there I'll give them the option of call it good for the service call price or snake it just to be sure and it's the tub price, and If I push the trap off or blow through it, I'll fix it but you pay; it's your junky pipe.

Kinda shocking how many of them there have been like this lately.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: tubs

had one where the stopper cylinder actualy was " rusted" in place. Strangest thing. ended up replacing the whole drain for the tub. I will take pics since I still have the old tub shoe on the truck

Comment

Re: tubs

If you dont use it you lose it
      I always adjust the rod if it doesn't move up and down the full swing of the trip lever
      I'm there i have it apart i go through the line i want to here the gurgle sucking sound

Comment

Working...
      X