Back to back toilets on a cross

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to back toilets on a cross

How do you handle a mainline rodding? I look for a cleanout or a floor drain. I have seen two toilets smashed.

Re: Back to back toilets on a cross

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
    How do you handle a mainline rodding? I look for a cleanout or a floor drain. I have seen two toilets smashed.
    If no clean out or proper roof vent access.
    Funny that you posted this as I had one yesterday at a Family Dollar store. 3 inch PVC back to back toilets to 3 inch double sanitary tee. Pain in the azz when they are 4 inch worse when they are 3 inch.

I know this line well no roots always paper towels or tampons.
    First I have to shop vac all the water out to view double sanitary tee unless water level seeped out. On this one have to use a single 1 inch blade and put a big bend at the end of the cable.

Push cable in past toilet flange to about the double sanitary tee then follow in with camera. Work reel "spin" till blade and cable are in the down part of double sanitary tee try to jam it in as far as you can.

Once your in keep cable held tight so it does not jump out of where you want to go. remove camera hold cable tight and run machine. It may feel tuff trying to get cableto make turn but it will "Get In There". Once your sure you made it in follow in with camera. If not "Repeat" If you made it in remove camera snake a few more feet then run water fill drain and snake till clog is gone.
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by UnClogNH; 02-26-2010, 10:16 AM.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I'll use a bent leader in front of the blade to feel the drop.
      Breaking toilets is bad for profits...

411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Can you get on the roof? Try a Rick speical from the vent.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
          I'll use a bent leader in front of the blade to feel the drop.
          Breaking toilets is bad for profits...

Have one of these home made leaders too. Come in very handy. To tight for this one yesterday. I need to make one for my 5/8 cable. My 5/8 is too short for this drain 75 feet clog is about 85 feet to tank no outside clean out and tank cover can't see baffel.
          Last edited by UnClogNH; 02-26-2010, 10:27 AM.
          Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

i found that using the microdrain camera from the other fixture allows me to watch the cable end.

i did this on a side by side lav sink that also had a double san tee. ran the camera from the other sink to the barrel of the san tee, then ran my k-50 to that opening. once there i rotated the cable by hand until i saw it drop into the line.

on a back to back toilet, i found that going from the vent with my jetter is the best and simplest way to clear a soft stoppage. although the vent is only a 2'' line with a baffle splitting the common tee, i can easily navigate my jetter into the vent and down the line. on a particular line i do typically annually, i clear it at just over 100'. knowing what i'm up against gives me the advantage over the other companies that don't.

january i cleared this line in under an hour total time after the company with 2 men the day before gave up after 4 hours.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              i found that using the microdrain camera from the other fixture allows me to watch the cable end.

i did this on a side by side lav sink that also had a double san tee. ran the camera from the other sink to the barrel of the san tee, then ran my k-50 to that opening. once there i rotated the cable by hand until i saw it drop into the line.

on a back to back toilet, i found that going from the vent with my jetter is the best and simplest way to clear a soft stoppage. although the vent is only a 2'' line with a baffle splitting the common tee, i can easily navigate my jetter into the vent and down the line. on a particular line i do typically annually, i clear it at just over 100'. knowing what i'm up against gives me the advantage over the other companies that don't.

january i cleared this line in under an hour total time after the company with 2 men the day before gave up after 4 hours.

rick.
              I love getting calls like that. When another company sends two men there for hours and give up. Then go yourself and knock it out in no time.
              Love when the city sends five union city works and they give up and call me in to do the job of five.
              Rod

Comment

I love those hero calls when others have thrown everything they had at it without success!

I think my personal best was 3 back to back tub lines in a row in a hotel after their maintenance staff snotted up every drain machine they had all 3 of them.

I spent less than 5 minutes on each line and got all of them...
                411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Working...
                X