Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
K-45 ( New Sink Gun) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

    Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Agreed. And now they are just another company to me in this regard. I WILL find out where competitive quality/priced products that aren't sold at home centers are manufactured. That will be what I consider first.

    Anyone know where the sink machines are built by:

    Electric Eel
    General Wire
    Spartan
    Gorlitz
    Mytana
    etc.???????

    Thanks.

    J.C.
    I know how many of you hate Duracable. But they are built in the USA and built well.
    I'm going to buy their DM-138. Money does go to Roto corp.
    But the people who work in their plant are Americans and need to food on the table.
    Pretty sure Electric Eel is USA made too.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

    Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

      Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
      I know how many of you hate Duracable. But they are built in the USA and built well.
      I'm going to buy their DM-138. Money does go to Roto corp.
      But the people who work in their plant are Americans and need to food on the table.
      Pretty sure Electric Eel is USA made too.
      I do not hate DuraCable as I have zero experience with them.

      I just will not support a business that can directly or indirectly be my competition.

      Heck, buy an electric Eel.

      J.C.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

        I'm so used to that style of machine for sinks and tubs.
        can't change up now.
        But I do carry Electric Eel products like thier 1 1/4 cable blades are great.
        Run the Eel cable with a drill. Goes threw anything and good in tight spots.
        Last edited by UnClogNH; 02-28-2010, 12:01 PM.
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

        Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

          Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
          I'm so used to that style of machine for sinks and tubs.
          can't change up now.
          No judgement, do what's best for you. But never be afraid to force yourself to embrace something new or different. That's what put you in business!

          I have to remind myself too.

          I kind of like the K-40 copy Eel makes. Model CT.

          Or General Wire's Drain Rooter PH.

          Dreaming out loud.

          J.C.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

            Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            No judgement, do what's best for you. But never be afraid to force yourself to embrace something new or different. That's what put you in business!

            I have to remind myself too.

            I kind of like the K-40 copy Eel makes. Model CT.

            Or General Wire's Drain Rooter PH.

            Dreaming out loud.

            J.C.
            Have a couple of Super Vee's great tools but some times come up short on distance. Was thinking of the Ridgid k400 for sinks it is about $300 bucks cheaper with 3/8 cable. kind of same style
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

            Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

              Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
              Have a couple of Super Vee's great tools but some times come up short on distance. Was thinking of the Ridgid k400 for sinks it is about $300 bucks cheaper with 3/8 cable. kind of same style
              K400 is a great kitchen sink machine for me.

              -I will reallly need to do some soul searching on this Ridgid / China issue.

              -I love my Ridgid tools for the most part but I believe the only way America is going to get through the current mess is to support itself and not China.

              -I would gladly supoport a Ridgid Professional Made in America line of tools, even at an added cost...

              Bill

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

                Seems like all the good drain cleaning manufactures are turning to China. First was Spartan with their excuse they had to turn to China due to the huge plant fire at their Mendota plant. Now Ridgid is following suit.

                One thing I do see in the future if the manufactures choose to get goods from China and not pass on the savings to us, is the price of the good old fashioned made in the USA used equipment is going to become more valuable.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

                  This is why I'm 99.9% going with the DM-138 USA made. Don't care if it helps RR bottom line. Their outrageous service rates help my bottom line
                  Last edited by UnClogNH; 02-28-2010, 01:02 PM.
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                  Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

                    Is the SeeSnake made in China too?
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                    Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

                      Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                      K400 is a great kitchen sink machine for me.

                      -I will reallly need to do some soul searching on this Ridgid / China issue.

                      -I love my Ridgid tools for the most part but I believe the only way America is going to get through the current mess is to support itself and not China.

                      -I would gladly supoport a Ridgid Professional Made in America line of tools, even at an added cost...

                      Bill
                      I agree 100% To me these big companies care only about profits. I'm fine with making money but don't put your country out of work for an extra few million a year.
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                      Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

                        Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                        Is the SeeSnake made in China too?

                        I would bet in Asia somewhere for sure.... USA has not made anything electronic since the Zenith TV

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

                          Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                          I would bet in Asia somewhere for sure.... USA has not made anything electronic since the Zenith TV
                          Had my dads old Zenith color TV from 1980. Picture on it was great till the day it died last year. Lets see a LCD or Plasma last that long.
                          But the big screen TV's sure are nice to watch now.
                          Rod
                          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                          http://unclognh.com
                          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                          Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

                            Funny, I went to an old thread where I thanked Josh and crew for the

                            microexplorer and the first thanks I recieved was from a guy from Ridgid Philippines, I remember it very clearly since i looked him up as I had never seen his name before...

                            Here is the thread: http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30271

                            His thanks has since been removed

                            I can imagine that Ridgid does not want to be known or cast in an unamerican light and would rather keep it's name untarnished considering the decades it has spent building it's reputation. Remember this reputation was founded by and made by Americans, Now it would appear it is only managed by Americans
                            Last edited by OkieBill; 02-28-2010, 01:20 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

                              They should already know what we're talking about. Just haven't came after the right person's job yet.

                              http://www.morningjournal.com/articl...s/mj602983.txt

                              J.C.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

                                Cleared another one yesterday with this.

                                J.C.
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X