Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-45 ( New Sink Gun)

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Yeah I don't think GE TV's have been made in the U.S. for a long time.

One vendor! Why did they not find another ONE vendor?

Arlen or Polaris? I bet Polaris.

J.C.

Arlen just helped on and signed off on some design work and Polaris pretty much lets Victory run by themselves. It's hard to say who pushed them over the threshold but the electronics came from the UK and the Brembo Brakes came from Italy. The problem is they went for the best parts available and they ended up not being built in the USA. Which you have to ask yourself, at 90-mph and in an emergency, are you looking for what will stop you or what the parts country of origin is?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Arlen just helped on and signed off on some design work and Polaris pretty much lets Victory run by themselves. It's hard to say who pushed them over the threshold but the electronics came from the UK and the Brembo Brakes came from Italy. The problem is they went for the best parts available and they ended up not being built in the USA. Which you have to ask yourself, at 90-mph and in an emergency, are you looking for what will stop you or what the parts country of origin is?

Mark
      Brembo Brakes.

Electronics from the UK.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Brembo Brakes.

Electronics from the UK.

Thanks.

J.C.
        I can't think of the name of the British company that did the electronics but it is the one that use to make all of the electronics for Jaguar and Triumph. The funny part is their stuff ended up being the source of many headaches to the owners of old Jaguars and Triumphs but is now a world leader.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          I can't think of the name of the British company that did the electronics but it is the one that use to make all of the electronics for Jaguar and Triumph. The funny part is their stuff ended up being the source of many headaches to the owners of old Jaguars and Triumphs but is now a world leader.

Mark
          Lucus Electronics, also known for the reason why Brits drink warm beer.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            Lucus Electronics, also known for the reason why Brits drink warm beer.
            That's it, thank you.

In addition, I just remembered the cylinders were made in Germany.

Mark

Comment

Lucas, prince of darkness

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

don't forget to give lucas credit fir the intermitent wipers. MARVIN

Comment

Originally posted by rod man View Post
                  don't forget to give lucas credit fir the intermittent wipers. MARVIN
                  and all along i thought it was Chrysler that gave us the intermittent wipers

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

A drill style machine is disposable. If it pays for itself the first two or three times you use it the next 150 time are free. I am a tool snob that why I like Ridgid stuff. I did buy a Ridgid bolt cutter for the pure fact that it was made in the USA. Came in the mail made in a another country. I did buy a Lenox pipe wrench today 100 buck less that the Ridgid. Price, Made in the USA, or quailty take your pick. My AF K39 is good, but not great. Wish it was build better.

Comment

Warm beer is better than no beer.

Comment

Ford was the first car with intermittent wipers. The inventor called them the blinking eye wipers, Ford promised him they would let him make and supply the units, but they screwed him over. By reverse engineering the unit and told him they where no longer interested in intermittent wipers. Later on he seen brand new mustangs traveling down the road to the the Ford's showing of the new cars. He then spent the greater part of his life trying to sue Ford for stealing his idea. He eventually won the lawsuit after turning down many settlement offers.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2008...0/emaildaily99

They even made a movie of it called Flash of Genius http://www.poffysmoviemania.com/FlashOfGenius.html
                        Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                        and all along i thought it was Chrysler that gave us the intermittent wipers

steve
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Pioneer made TVs in the US just a couple of years ago. They got out of it because few people wanted to buy a high quality set when you can purchase a piece of garbage insignia or vizio for thousands less. I myself am guilty of that. I bought an Insignia because it was all I could afford at the time. I wish I hadn't, it was a waste of money because of the poor picture quality, color, and movement onscreen. Not to mention the input lag. Now I'm faced with purchasing another TV and I would have saved money buying quality the first time. Unfortunately now I can only buy used pioneer US made Tvs.

Why would I buy a chinese ridgid tool when I can buy a lenox or whatever for cheaper that is also made in china? If Ridgid keeps outsourcing then I'll have less and less reasons to purchase their products. I don't care if they're a superior design I'm not going to buy foreign made products unless I have to.

Comment

Working...
                          X