God bless walmart!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: God bless walmart!!!!!

Jim our store just went through the remodel.All I have heard for 1 1/2 yrs. is how we were their plumber and how good a job it would be for us. One day before the bid was due we get a call from one of the G.C.s bidding asking us to quote the job. When I asked when the bid date was he told me tomorrow.I said thanks but no thanks. The store manager told him to get us to bid. PLEASE!!!!!!! The plumbing had already been rewarded, and the call to me was just to please teh store people. By the way, the out ot towners did a horrible job.and to whom ever asked if we had done a photo lab stopage yet, YES SIR ABOUT EVERY 6 MONTHS SINCE THEY OPENED. God Bless Walmart.

Comment

I did a few jobs for the WalMart here. I got sick of it. The way it was always explained to me was the local store was supposed to call the management company in Texas, then the management company contacted the plumber.

What usually happened was they called the people in Texas, and then called every plumber in the phone book to see who would get there first. Then I'd have to report to the company in Texas, they would ignore my report, and then I'd get called out to the store the next day to get yelled at by some stupid manager. I could tolerate the yelling because I was billing them for my time, and I'm fairly certain I made more then her.

The reason I stopped working for them was my last invoice was $1000 and they took over 90 days to pay. Previously, it took roughly two weeks to pay. The excuse they gave for taking so long was they forgot, even with constant phone calls asking where is the money.

I haven't purchased anything from a WalMart in almost two years because of it.

Comment

The company I delt with was Registered contractors inc out of Ohio.
        I have no complaints, they are very easy to work with. No run around like most maintenance companies.

Pay could have been quicker but they made their payment schedule very clear from the beginning.

I was their go to guy for 6 wal-marts but I missed one darn sink call and that was it. Now I only get called when others can't get it.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

glad we're not the only ones with the no cleanout problems at walmarts. From the c.o. by the back battery of fixtures it is like 190' to what the plans state is a 6" line. No cleanouts in between that anyone can find even though by code they should be every 75', and this building is only 10 years old. Gotta love the shoplifters flushing the plastic packaging though, nothing like a little job security!

Comment

geno i would have to of had a substantial increase in prices if they had done that to me. breid.................

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
              How Did you guys get a wal mart to call you, Ive talked to a couple wal mart mngrs in my area about cleaning drains for them and they said they were under contract with one of the chain/national labels, it sure would be a nice acount to have !

Its not that great
              I plumbed are local walmart years ago for another co
              i repaired the outdoor garden center faucet and it took for ever to get paid

Sam Walton's very first store was in my home town
              The Waltons have done allot for are Town & small collage
              but its not so great to wait for the check
              i don't go

Comment

Working...
              X