God bless walmart!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God bless walmart!!!!!

I just got back ( been out since 6a.m.)the front bath restrooms at our local Walmart stopped up. Mind you this is the 3rd Sunday in a row this same blockage has occured. The first tome it was a bearcat to open the line, so we videoed teh line. We found no defects other than the fact of far to many offset fittings used in succession.fast forword to today. The store manager was p.o.ed when we show up.(within 30 min from call-out) This yahoo was upset and all but asked me if I had a clue about what I was doing. I tried to calm the man and told him "let's just see what we find I believe this to be man made sabotage. Pull the ADA commode(more room in stall to work),floating in the top of the flange is a fistful of paper towels. Asked the manager to look at what I had found. I sent the drain machine down the line, when I retrieved I knew I had caght something.I pulled a log of paper towels out of the line 4" around and 3ft long. I called the manager again."why are you bothering me" I replied "sir you need to see what I pulled from teh line"Upon walking into the stall the guy stares in disbelief at what is on the end of my cable. How in the sam hell did that get in there, he asks. Someone put it there I replied. We faught that durn line for 3 1/2 hrs. each time pulling more and more paper product from teh line.All told we filled 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket with our cleaning. The manager tell me ,as we loading up, I will never question your work again.D##n success is so sweet.

Re: God bless walmart!!!!!

That's why these guys are Walmart managers. To dumb to get a real job that requires thought. Don't worry about it all the managers in all these big national companies think their know it all's because they can yell at a 16 year old or boss people over 60 around. Their all dumb azz drones.
    Last edited by UnClogNH; 02-28-2010, 03:43 PM.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

time for a microdrain for toilet entry or microreel for c/oentry. this way you know before you pull the toilet, what you're up to. sure it will be dark and nasty, but it will also show the distance to your issue.

do you have a decent c/o or do you need to pull a toilet to snake?

mens room or womens room

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

It's man made sabotage just like you said in your post. Heck I'm at our local Mcdonalds pulling the toy of the week out of their toilets.
        Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Rick the men's and women's room are back to back. If it affects one It normally affects the other. There was no end of the line co, so to gain entry I had to pull the commode. The closest co was about 40 ft downstream. My partner was looking at the co when I finally cleared the line. He said there had to had been a 4ft log of paper pass when I cut through it. Then we had to enter that co to clean the rest of the line.I told the manager SEE YOU NEXT SUNDAY!!!!!!

Comment

Walmart are the worst. They never seen to have a clean out in them. How much more would it cost to rough in a couple of clean outs. The new one around here is brand new backed up all the time. Super Center more square feet less clean outs.

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
              Walmart are the worst. They never seen to have a clean out in them. How much more would it cost to rough in a couple of clean outs. The new one around here is brand new backed up all the time. Super Center more square feet less clean outs.
              Our new super Walmart here is only 2 years old many problems.
              plenty of clean outs. Some are very hard to get at.
              Always problems in the deli and dairy areas.
              Rod

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                Our new super Walmart here is only 2 years old many problems.
                plenty of clean outs. Some are very hard to get at.
                Always problems in the deli and dairy areas.
                You haven't had any photo processor drains yet?
                411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

hope some lesson is taken from this case
                  Alabama plumbers

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
                    You haven't had any photo processor drains yet?
                    Not at Wallie World yet Now that you said that I bet I get one in the next 30 days
                    Rod

Comment

How Did you guys get a wal mart to call you, Ive talked to a couple wal mart mngrs in my area about cleaning drains for them and they said they were under contract with one of the chain/national labels, it sure would be a nice acount to have !

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
                        How Did you guys get a wal mart to call you, Ive talked to a couple wal mart mngrs in my area about cleaning drains for them and they said they were under contract with one of the chain/national labels, it sure would be a nice acount to have !
                        I got the Walmart here because. One of these so called National/chain franchise. Could not clear a line. One of the employees said Oh I had this company out at my house too and failed to properly solve my problem.

I called this local company "Me"and they solved my problem. Walmart called. while other company was there. Found a clean out in less than ten minutes and line was clear 20 minutes later . Other company Now this national chain company is out of business up here. To bad they always made me look good.

IMHO Franchise companies are not worth the money or time. Poorly trained, constant employee turn over and commission hungry.
                        Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-02-2010, 11:02 AM.
                        Rod

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                          I got the Walmart here because. One of these so called National/chain franchise. Could not clear a line. One of the employees said Oh I had this company out at my house too and failed to properly solve my problem.

I called this local company "Me"and they solved my problem. Walmart called. while other company was there. Found a clean out in less than ten minutes and line was clear 20 minutes later . Other company Now this national chain company is out of business up here. To bad they always made me look good.

IMHO Franchise companies are not worth the money or time. Poorly trained, constant employee turn over and commission hungry.
                          Wal-Mart calls you directly?

Around here they go through an out of state maintenance company (RCI).
                          I had all the wal-marts around here until I missed one sink drain call because I was out of state.

Now they only call when who ever they use now can't get it.
                          It sucks to because they paid ridiculous $$$$
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                            Wal-Mart calls you directly?

Around here they go through an out of state maintenance company (RCI).
                            I had all the wal-marts around here until I missed one sink drain call because I was out of state.

Now they only call when who ever they use now can't get it.
                            It sucks to because they paid ridiculous $$$$
                            Yes, They call directly. Look over problem manager approves and signs work order and pay within two weeks by money order. I'm surprised I never had a problem with them.
                            Rod

Comment

Walmart is our best commercial account. In order to become a service
                              provider we have to be assigned an approved vendor number by the home
                              office and annually submit our general liability, workman's comp., and license
                              info. All service calls are generated by the person in the invoicing dept. of
                              the store. She has my cell no. on speed dial. Invoices are mailed to the
                              store and a check is sent from home office in Bentonville every month. The
                              key is having a good rapport with the gal in invoicing. I always check in
                              on arrival and before leaving to keep her up to speed. Our local store will be
                              undergoing a total renovation this year and some of the out-of-town G.C.'s
                              have asked us for bids on the plumbing. While it would be a good one-time
                              payday, it would mean carrying a warranty for a year. We would rather have
                              the service calls. They'll never get the out-of-towners to respond in a
                              timely manner.

Comment

Working...
                              X