X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JW3
    started a topic God bless walmart!!!!!

God bless walmart!!!!!

I just got back ( been out since 6a.m.)the front bath restrooms at our local Walmart stopped up. Mind you this is the 3rd Sunday in a row this same blockage has occured. The first tome it was a bearcat to open the line, so we videoed teh line. We found no defects other than the fact of far to many offset fittings used in succession.fast forword to today. The store manager was p.o.ed when we show up.(within 30 min from call-out) This yahoo was upset and all but asked me if I had a clue about what I was doing. I tried to calm the man and told him "let's just see what we find I believe this to be man made sabotage. Pull the ADA commode(more room in stall to work),floating in the top of the flange is a fistful of paper towels. Asked the manager to look at what I had found. I sent the drain machine down the line, when I retrieved I knew I had caght something.I pulled a log of paper towels out of the line 4" around and 3ft long. I called the manager again."why are you bothering me" I replied "sir you need to see what I pulled from teh line"Upon walking into the stall the guy stares in disbelief at what is on the end of my cable. How in the sam hell did that get in there, he asks. Someone put it there I replied. We faught that durn line for 3 1/2 hrs. each time pulling more and more paper product from teh line.All told we filled 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket with our cleaning. The manager tell me ,as we loading up, I will never question your work again.D##n success is so sweet.

• DELCASE
    replied
    Re: God bless walmart!!!!!

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
    How Did you guys get a wal mart to call you, Ive talked to a couple wal mart mngrs in my area about cleaning drains for them and they said they were under contract with one of the chain/national labels, it sure would be a nice acount to have !

Its not that great
    I plumbed are local walmart years ago for another co
    i repaired the outdoor garden center faucet and it took for ever to get paid

Sam Walton's very first store was in my home town
    The Waltons have done allot for are Town & small collage
    but its not so great to wait for the check
    i don't go

Leave a comment:

• breid1903
    replied

geno i would have to of had a substantial increase in prices if they had done that to me. breid.................

Leave a comment:

• bartnc37
    replied

glad we're not the only ones with the no cleanout problems at walmarts. From the c.o. by the back battery of fixtures it is like 190' to what the plans state is a 6" line. No cleanouts in between that anyone can find even though by code they should be every 75', and this building is only 10 years old. Gotta love the shoplifters flushing the plastic packaging though, nothing like a little job security!

Leave a comment:

• Gene Bickford
    replied

The company I delt with was Registered contractors inc out of Ohio.
    I have no complaints, they are very easy to work with. No run around like most maintenance companies.

Pay could have been quicker but they made their payment schedule very clear from the beginning.

I was their go to guy for 6 wal-marts but I missed one darn sink call and that was it. Now I only get called when others can't get it.

Leave a comment:

• Nevada plumber
    replied

I did a few jobs for the WalMart here. I got sick of it. The way it was always explained to me was the local store was supposed to call the management company in Texas, then the management company contacted the plumber.

What usually happened was they called the people in Texas, and then called every plumber in the phone book to see who would get there first. Then I'd have to report to the company in Texas, they would ignore my report, and then I'd get called out to the store the next day to get yelled at by some stupid manager. I could tolerate the yelling because I was billing them for my time, and I'm fairly certain I made more then her.

The reason I stopped working for them was my last invoice was $1000 and they took over 90 days to pay. Previously, it took roughly two weeks to pay. The excuse they gave for taking so long was they forgot, even with constant phone calls asking where is the money.

I haven't purchased anything from a WalMart in almost two years because of it.

Leave a comment:

• JW3
    replied

Jim our store just went through the remodel.All I have heard for 1 1/2 yrs. is how we were their plumber and how good a job it would be for us. One day before the bid was due we get a call from one of the G.C.s bidding asking us to quote the job. When I asked when the bid date was he told me tomorrow.I said thanks but no thanks. The store manager told him to get us to bid. PLEASE!!!!!!! The plumbing had already been rewarded, and the call to me was just to please teh store people. By the way, the out ot towners did a horrible job.and to whom ever asked if we had done a photo lab stopage yet, YES SIR ABOUT EVERY 6 MONTHS SINCE THEY OPENED. God Bless Walmart.

Leave a comment:

• Big Jim
    replied

Walmart is our best commercial account. In order to become a service
    provider we have to be assigned an approved vendor number by the home
    office and annually submit our general liability, workman's comp., and license
    info. All service calls are generated by the person in the invoicing dept. of
    the store. She has my cell no. on speed dial. Invoices are mailed to the
    store and a check is sent from home office in Bentonville every month. The
    key is having a good rapport with the gal in invoicing. I always check in
    on arrival and before leaving to keep her up to speed. Our local store will be
    undergoing a total renovation this year and some of the out-of-town G.C.'s
    have asked us for bids on the plumbing. While it would be a good one-time
    payday, it would mean carrying a warranty for a year. We would rather have
    the service calls. They'll never get the out-of-towners to respond in a
    timely manner.

Leave a comment:

• UnClogNH
    replied

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
    Wal-Mart calls you directly?

Around here they go through an out of state maintenance company (RCI).
    I had all the wal-marts around here until I missed one sink drain call because I was out of state.

Now they only call when who ever they use now can't get it.
    It sucks to because they paid ridiculous $$$$
    Yes, They call directly. Look over problem manager approves and signs work order and pay within two weeks by money order. I'm surprised I never had a problem with them.

Leave a comment:

• Gene Bickford
    replied

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
    I got the Walmart here because. One of these so called National/chain franchise. Could not clear a line. One of the employees said Oh I had this company out at my house too and failed to properly solve my problem.

I called this local company "Me"and they solved my problem. Walmart called. while other company was there. Found a clean out in less than ten minutes and line was clear 20 minutes later . Other company Now this national chain company is out of business up here. To bad they always made me look good.

IMHO Franchise companies are not worth the money or time. Poorly trained, constant employee turn over and commission hungry.
    Wal-Mart calls you directly?

Around here they go through an out of state maintenance company (RCI).
    I had all the wal-marts around here until I missed one sink drain call because I was out of state.

Now they only call when who ever they use now can't get it.
    It sucks to because they paid ridiculous $$$$

Leave a comment:

• UnClogNH
    replied

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
    How Did you guys get a wal mart to call you, Ive talked to a couple wal mart mngrs in my area about cleaning drains for them and they said they were under contract with one of the chain/national labels, it sure would be a nice acount to have !
    I got the Walmart here because. One of these so called National/chain franchise. Could not clear a line. One of the employees said Oh I had this company out at my house too and failed to properly solve my problem.

I called this local company "Me"and they solved my problem. Walmart called. while other company was there. Found a clean out in less than ten minutes and line was clear 20 minutes later . Other company Now this national chain company is out of business up here. To bad they always made me look good.

IMHO Franchise companies are not worth the money or time. Poorly trained, constant employee turn over and commission hungry.
    Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-02-2010, 11:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rhinorooter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• UnClogNH
    replied

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
    You haven't had any photo processor drains yet?
    Not at Wallie World yet Now that you said that I bet I get one in the next 30 days

Leave a comment:

• christineadams
    replied

hope some lesson is taken from this case

Leave a comment:

• Redwood
    replied

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
    Our new super Walmart here is only 2 years old many problems.
    plenty of clean outs. Some are very hard to get at.
    Always problems in the deli and dairy areas.
    You haven't had any photo processor drains yet?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X