X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Poor Mans Jetter

Well I got my system together, friggin awesome!
    2 24hp honda motors, each pump rated 3000 psi 10gpm, actual output with 1/2" hose 300' with 1/2" Root Ranger = 2800 psi 18 GPM. I still need to add somethings like remote wireless controls, a 4 way tee with valve to bleed system if nozzle clogs. This thing is a monster! Now I can run 1 with 3/8 hose to warthog or small rootranger or switch to both and the 1/2" rootranger. I was way over thinking building this system and thank everyone who replied about it. Bill was right keep it simple. I went seperate 1 1/4" feed lines from each end of the tank,1/2" jumper hoses from machines to 1/2" tee then seperate jumper hose to the reel. Neither machine struggles starting when 1 is already running. The picture of the Root Ranger is with the smaller one for reference but it does not do it justice this thing is huge! And Heavy! People who stopped by my house that saw it where like "what the heck is that"
    Attached Files
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Update Poor Mans Jetter

How much did that set up run ya>
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Nice set up.
      You may want to consider beefing up your bulkhead. If that water tank ever brakes loose it's going to make you part of the dashboard
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
        How much did that set up run ya>
        I bought the 1st jetter new but got the second one used it really kept my costs down, but it's all the little things that add up like; hose reels,jetter hose,jetter nozzles. I currently have a new 12gpm foot valve and need the larger 20gpm unit but the foot valve is $700 so I need to lick my wounds before I buy it, I have 3 jetter jobs this week coming up so after them I will feel better about buying more items. I figure I am into this with some stuff not pictured like 3/8" jetter line and 1/4" and 3 more reels about $12K but I am near a trailer units specs that go for around $22K and my 12K includes the van.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          Nice set up.
          You may want to consider beefing up your bulkhead. If that water tank ever brakes loose it's going to make you part of the dashboard
          Thanks Gene! I am in the city so water is never a problem I don't drive with it full of water. I would be part of the dash though if it was full and I had to slam on the brakes ouch!
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

minus the van what did the jetter set up run you?

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
              minus the van what did the jetter set up run you?
              10'500. is about right.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

My eyes are burning just thinking of the exhaust fumes...
                411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
                  My eyes are burning just thinking of the exhaust fumes...
                  Never notice that, the motors exhaust is pointed out the back doors, by the time I have all hoses etc. picked up, collected the payment and get back in it's all fine. The Bonus for me with the van is 1. It fits into the smallest parking spots in the city, I used to use a trailer but it made getting close to the jobs hard. 2nd security it's all locked up and alarmed, open trailers loose that benefit.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

cuda, nice specs you have.

belt guards are a must

do you have both unloaders and rpms dialed in to deliver the same specs?

is there a big boost when you fire up the second pump?

do you have to change nozzles when you use the second pump.

faster cleaning, more pull, more backwash?

what size pipes do you use the 2 pumps on?

i am also in the process of doubling up my jetter. giving me a total of 23gpm at 2500 psi. but i doubt that i will ever run both at full bore.

or i might toy with a 4000# pump and run that at 10gpm then dial it down to 2500# to match the second pump when needed.

what size water tank and how long will it run while it's hooked up to a fill hose and running both pumps? when running just on the tank?

thanks,

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick Wrote;
                      do you have both unloaders and rpms dialed in to deliver the same specs?

is there a big boost when you fire up the second pump?

do you have to change nozzles when you use the second pump.

faster cleaning, more pull, more backwash?

what size pipes do you use the 2 pumps on?

i am also in the process of doubling up my jetter. giving me a total of 23gpm at 2500 psi. but i doubt that i will ever run both at full bore.

or i might toy with a 4000# pump and run that at 10gpm then dial it down to 2500# to match the second pump when needed.

what size water tank and how long will it run while it's hooked up to a fill hose and running both pumps? when running just on the tank?

Rpm and unloaders are matched exact! prior to being joined together.

Yes there is a big boost even though the pressure remains the same the water flow is amazing.

Yes I have to go to 20gpm extra nozzle I bought for the root ranger so I can run it on 1 pump or 2.
                      I bought the biggest jets they sell for the 3/8 warthog but have not tried them yet.

I have ran this on a bad 4" and the flow was too much and it backwashed alot, went to 1 pump to clear the bad section then switched to 2 to finish

200 gallon tank only gets like 15 min straight before I have to pause. I will watch this based on how well the house water flow is from the hose bib, may get longer on modern plumbing with 1" supply, house I did was 1/2" supply from the meter.

As for lowering rpm's as I have in the past it won't be worth the set up hassle to do so anymore, so if I need lower gpm I will have to use 1 pump and not 2 or use 2 and not 1 because I don't want to have to dial it in again.
                      And I don't have enough history with this bigger root ranger to know how well it is doing with the added flow, as I do more jobs I will let you know.
                      My reason for the 2 pumps was that I advertise a complete sewer restoration with zero roots after jetting and 1 pump while working was taking too long and I want to cut my time down to get the same results. People want to see the sewer results after I am done to compare to the root infested sewer I showed them to get the job and I am charging more money then others around me for the extra time and attention it takes to make it look good. Truth be told I think the rootx is what keeps the roots at bay after I am done. And instead of coming back every year to snake and maintain the lines I will only be going back every 3 years. Shoots me in the foot for money but the customer gets the best results for their cash.
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I have the same setup in my van with one pump. I took and ran the exhaust though the bottom of the van. 50 buck at the muffler shop. Van stays cooler and no smell

Comment

Congrats !

1) like Rick said, belts guards will serve you well.
                          2) I'd mount the unloader on a remote block and off the pump.

Comment

Working...
                          X