Root saw stuck , i'ts monday alright"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Root saw stuck , i'ts monday alright"

tool, if that's the general heavy duty root saw made of 1/8'' band iron, you could saw right through the cast iron try using the lighter weight saw that comes in a 2 pack. it has the spiral offset and will unwind out when run in reverse. plus you get 2 for about $14.00

the problem was that you caught a stiff blade with a stiff cable on a wye type of fitting.

the blade had no rear offset to guide it back out of the wye leg.

a camera would have been nice to see what was happening.

the texas twins are awesome fittings when you're stuck for space.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Hey You horses asses It's a general 3 1/2" bend over MARK
      Actually my post was in reference to OkieBill post. However, since you have a measurement now I can tell you, General does not make a 3.5" root cutter so you must have used a 4" cutter. Assuming you did use a 4" cutter and it did measure 3.5" you would need a perfectly straight line without any fittings and a cutter that stayed perfectly true to keep yourself out of trouble.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Sorry wasn't an ez day . I have 2 root cutters one is 3 1/4", stuck was the 3 1/2" . I have
        been lucky 3 times with the 2 3/4", My log book shows. I had one of My Guys working here
        on some other work. Concrete is all patched. Live and learn.
        Last edited by toolaholic; 03-02-2010, 08:59 AM. Reason: mistake 2 3/4" instead of 3 1/4"
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          Tool, You ran a 4" rootsaw into a 4" Kelly???

So the rootsaw hung on the horns inside the Kelly or was it something else?
          3 1/2 " grabbed lip. Nothing broken or bent, even with cum a long try !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
            Tool, this one is for you since you said it to me. i guess you not a drain cleaner/plumber?
            hire a pro next time!!!
            never put more then a 3.5 in a 4 inch drain. unless there expaders. that move with the spring motion.
            it can happen to the best of us..... well ok, just you
            It was 3 1/2" general root cutter. Yes bad choice ! I own - general maxi rooter , general super vee, ridgid k-375 ,
            2500 psi. jetter. Now I don't use them much , like My 18 Yrd dump truck or back hoe or
            Lincoln portable welder . But it sure is nice to have ! And Yes I have been stuck twice , and I
            got it out. Funny thing My neighbor and friend , is a plumber. He has me clear His drains,
            He has no drain machines ! Of course It's free.

Comment

glad it all worked out. luckily, it has not happened to me where i have had to dig myself out.
              c.i. pipe is the worse.
              the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Maybe I just dont know yalls terminalogy, but what are Texas Twins???

Comment

Big breasts.

J.C.

Comment

I've "heard" there's a strip club in Guam with that very name.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
                      Maybe I just dont know yalls terminalogy, but what are Texas Twins???
                      Double sewer cleanouts, one piece C.I. One sweeps to the house ,one to the street. Less dangerous on retrieving a root saw,No Lip, and when the riser is blocked with back up water, A drainster won't blow a toilet Up thinking He's headed to the street!

Comment

Working...
                      X