Root saw stuck , i'ts monday alright"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Root saw stuck , i'ts monday alright"

My own home, It's root season. soft blockage. General Maxi rooter 3/4" cable 3 " or 4"
    root saw stuck on lower 90 long bend cleanout bottom 2 ' down. Will use pipe tri pod with cumalong . If that doesn't work I'll bring back concrete saw and Jack hammer.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Root saw stuck , i'ts monday alright"

tyr a highlift?
    Last edited by appletondrain; 03-01-2010, 11:52 AM. Reason: didnt read the hole thing
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

If this makes any sense. Hard to explain in writing.

By hand thrust the cable forward 1' or so give it a 1/2 turn and pull back quickly. Try to do this all in one motion as fast as you can.

What your trying to do is bounce/move the head around until it lines up perfectly with the opening. It may take a few times until it does.

If that doesn't work start swearing at it.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Not familiar with the Maxi rooter. But with my machine If I get stuck like you I can put my Vicegrips on the cable just before the arm inside the drum and run the machine to spin it free. Vicegrips prevent cable in drum from flipping under high torque and pull it free.
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Tool! Try what others have wrote and dump some dishwashing soap in there let it sit a minute, working the cable with the soap in there sometimes is the difference between a kinked cable and a non kinked. I hope this monday thing isn't catching on...I am on my way to real tough job right now.. Good Luck!
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I assume you've already pushed it back forward, back and forth several times? Try turning the head so it's oriented differently.

Do you have a camera you can stick down there to see what's going on?

If it's only a couple feet maybe you can shove a piece of pipe down to dislodge or move the head?
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              If this makes any sense. Hard to explain in writing.

By hand thrust the cable forward 1' or so give it a 1/2 turn and pull back quickly. Try to do this all in one motion as fast as you can.

What your trying to do is bounce/move the head around until it lines up perfectly with the opening. It may take a few times until it does.

If that doesn't work start swearing at it.
              Back from shop. Welded 6' tri pod out of
              1 1/2" pipe. No workey, one more pull on cumalong Irishman looses His green teeth.
              Did the dish washing soap right away. Will try the turn n bounce, use to do that when I was Young
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Cut concrete sidewalk, side of our home. Jack hammered small section,removed 18" C.I. RISER above kelly [ 2 way cleanout sweep, RICK HATES ] FITTING. Life is good again.
                Won't use the 4" Rt. Saw next time. I'll use the 3" on My home. Thank's for Your help.
                MURPHYS COOL, KELLY SUCKS, Texas twins from now on IN! You can say " I TOLD YOU SO ,RICK!

Comment

Nothing goes good when a general contractor thinks he's a plumber.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    Nothing goes good when a general contractor thinks he's a plumber.
                    Stop being a SAILOR BOY
                    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 03-01-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

QUOTE=gear junkie;284086]Nothing goes good when a general contractor thinks he's a plumber.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Tool, You ran a 4" rootsaw into a 4" Kelly???

So the rootsaw hung on the horns inside the Kelly or was it something else?

Comment

Tool, this one is for you since you said it to me. i guess you not a drain cleaner/plumber?
                          hire a pro next time!!!
                          never put more then a 3.5 in a 4 inch drain. unless there expaders. that move with the spring motion.
                          it can happen to the best of us..... well ok, just you
                          the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

You know what they call a 4" root saw in a 4" line?

STUCK!

Just one of those lesson we all have to learn.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Hey You horses asses It's a general 3 1/2" bend over MARK

Comment

Working...
                              X