Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

    Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
    The post will happen in a couple of days. I need to take lots of pictures and post them up.
    I got a feeling it's going to be good. "Lots of Pictures" means something really cool.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

    Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

      You can always do like my dad did way back when, after he lost the first roll pin, he found a nail that fit the hole. He'd shove it through and bend it over with a pliers! I didn't know any different until I started buying my own machines. That was on an old Burton. 3/4 cable and no drive. Sewing machine switch. What a machine to learn on! I don't know how many times I damn near broke my wrists or thumbs. Scary thinking back on it now.
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

        if i'm not mistaking, the ridgid coupling on the 1/2 turn screw can be knocked out and replaced with a roll/ tension pin. right ben

        the key to an easy installation is the proper pin punch. the stand just gives you a place to saddle the cable at the height of the machine.

        spartan uses it exclusively.

        pins are very cheap and should be replaced as needed to prevent slippage.

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

          Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
          Well, My 5/8 duracrap cable bit the dust for my small machine. I have what looks like 50 feet of . 55 or . 66. IC From drain cables direct with a two foot leader. I don't have any blades or blade holders. Buddy of mine gave me the cable. Any issues with the pin lock failing and dropping blades and blade holders in sewer lateral? Looks like a flimsy type connection.
          I have never used this Pin lock style.
          Only used the C1 chuck or threaded ends. Pins are rusty and looks like these pin locks can be a real pain in the azz. But cable is in good shape.
          Maybe I'll just cut the end off and splice on a threaded end to accept a C1 chuck end.
          I was just thinking of ordering some cables from dura cable, , I just purchased two of their drain machines at the pumper show, Other than they are a Sister Company to Roto Rooter, why did you not like the Cable ?

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            if i'm not mistaking, the ridgid coupling on the 1/2 turn screw can be knocked out and replaced with a roll/ tension pin. right ben

            the key to an easy installation is the proper pin punch. the stand just gives you a place to saddle the cable at the height of the machine.

            spartan uses it exclusively.

            pins are very cheap and should be replaced as needed to prevent slippage.

            rick.
            You are not mistaking, only thing is the hole is not the same size all the way through. So once you punch the pin in, its very hard to get back out since the back side is not large enough for the punch pin. But I have done this in a pinch when I was using Ridgid cables and the 1/2 turn screw failed on me.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

              Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
              I was just thinking of ordering some cables from dura cable, , I just purchased two of their drain machines at the pumper show, Other than they are a Sister Company to Roto Rooter, why did you not like the Cable ?
              What did you buy?

              Both cables 11/16 just snapped No binding no flipping just snapped. both 70 to 80 feet out in sewer "strait shot"
              I really do like their machines love the DM-55 it's a beast.
              Ran a DM-55 for many years at RR. But I used cables from Service spring no problems. RR had their own cable then to it sucked and charged us up the wazoo for them.

              Bought Duracables 5/8 cable for my gorlitz GO62. I can jump a house trap many times with an 11/16 or 5/8 cable no problem. Duracable 5/8 again snapped 40 feet past the house trap
              Rep at Draincables direct told me they have been hearing problems with duracable's cable.
              My sink machine is dying old Viking style. I'm buying the Duracable DM-138 less the cable. Both my duracabe 11/16 cables failed within 30 days of buying. draincables direct over a year and still going strong.
              I bought the 5/8 cable with the DM-55 all on the same order from last years pumper cleaner show sales. When my old 5/8 became too soft after 6 years. I then used new Duracable 5/8 snapped first week. They have great machines but cables have problems. Bad batch? New guy making the cable? don't know.
              But I'll get my cables from draincables direct. Never in 16 years have I had cables just snap and fail like that.
              Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-02-2010, 11:15 PM.
              Rod
              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
              http://unclognh.com
              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

              Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

                I bought their new stand up mainline machine the DM175 comes with 100' 11/16 and i bought their little sink machine the DM125 wich uses 37' of 1/4 inch I ordered inner core(Cable) Cables, but from what you say sounds like i should send them cables straight to the scrap yard, Ive been useung coast mfg cables for 8 years and never once had one break, The machines look very well built mine should be here next week , cant wait to give them a try.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

                  Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
                  I bought their new stand up mainline machine the DM175 comes with 100' 11/16 and i bought their little sink machine the DM125 wich uses 37' of 1/4 inch I ordered inner core(Cable) Cables, but from what you say sounds like i should send them cables straight to the scrap yard, Ive been useung coast mfg cables for 8 years and never once had one break, The machines look very well built mine should be here next week , cant wait to give them a try.
                  Defenatly write up a review post after you use the machines. I been eyeballing them at Allan J Coleman every time I go in there.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  Ron's Facebook
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

                    Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    Defenatly write up a review post after you use the machines. I been eyeballing them at Allan J Coleman every time I go in there.
                    Definately will write a review, I talked to them yesterday they said they should ship my order today and I should see it the middle of next week, so i will get a review posted after i get to use them on a few jobs.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

                      Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
                      I bought their new stand up mainline machine the DM175 comes with 100' 11/16 and i bought their little sink machine the DM125 wich uses 37' of 1/4 inch I ordered inner core(Cable) Cables, but from what you say sounds like i should send them cables straight to the scrap yard, Ive been useung coast mfg cables for 8 years and never once had one break, The machines look very well built mine should be here next week , cant wait to give them a try.
                      DM-125 is a good tub line machine. That's why I'm getting the DM-138
                      You can run both 3/8 and 1/4 ince cable. Same idea as my old viking.
                      DM-125 lists for like $650 DM-138 with both drums and handle is like $850
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                      Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

                        Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                        DM-125 is a good tub line machine. That's why I'm getting the DM-138
                        You can run both 3/8 and 1/4 ince cable. Same idea as my old viking.
                        DM-125 lists for like $650 DM-138 with both drums and handle is like $850
                        I already have a coast mfg machine that is very similar to the dM 138 but it weighs 43 pounds empty and 50 with a 50' cable, the dm125 weighs in at 27lbs with a 37' cable, im giving up 13 feet of cable but you really dont go out over 30 feet on a sink/tub line anyways, the lighter weight and shorter cable will be well worth the less wear and tear on my body.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

                          Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
                          I already have a coast mfg machine that is very similar to the dM 138 but it weighs 43 pounds empty and 50 with a 50' cable, the dm125 weighs in at 27lbs with a 37' cable, im giving up 13 feet of cable but you really dont go out over 30 feet on a sink/tub line anyways, the lighter weight and shorter cable will be well worth the less wear and tear on my body.
                          I forgot about Coast Mfg. They still around?
                          Rod
                          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                          http://unclognh.com
                          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                          Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

                            They are still around, but they were just bought out by some company in oregon or washington, they told me they were not going to change anything about how the cables are made, I have not tried any cables from the new owners yet I still have 3 or 4 cables i bought when they had a free shipping special, Ive been real happy with there cables and Machines, the only reason i bought new dura cable machines is the smaller dm 125 is 1/2 the weight of my 1/4"sink machine, and coasts mainline machine is a sled style and it is a bear to get up and down stairs where the dura cable Dm175 is an upright with stair Climbers, 80% of the sewer lines I do are basement c/o and im getting older my shoulders and eklbows are starting to bother me so hopefully I can get a few more years out of my body using these new machines .

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

                              Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
                              They are still around, but they were just bought out by some company in oregon or washington, they told me they were not going to change anything about how the cables are made, I have not tried any cables from the new owners yet I still have 3 or 4 cables i bought when they had a free shipping special, Ive been real happy with there cables and Machines, the only reason i bought new dura cable machines is the smaller dm 125 is 1/2 the weight of my 1/4"sink machine, and coasts mainline machine is a sled style and it is a bear to get up and down stairs where the dura cable Dm175 is an upright with stair Climbers, 80% of the sewer lines I do are basement c/o and im getting older my shoulders and eklbows are starting to bother me so hopefully I can get a few more years out of my body using these new machines .
                              That DM-175 looks good. I almost went with that one. But have a lot of overhead sewers. So I stayed with the DM-55 because I can stand it up makes those over heads much easier. I think you will be happy with the DM-175 Duracable puts out tuff machines. I could have went with the Ridgid 400 with 3/8 but you can buy those at home depot and a good amount of people have them here. And when they could not clear the line my Viking would get it no problem. Is it the machine No it's the operator . But I would rather have a different machine it's better for sales when word goes around that they could not clear the line with that machine and had to call a pro with a different machine. If I used the same one than they might practice and get better at it instead of giving up

                              Was that you on the cleaner Magazine March 2010 page 19? If So congrats.
                              Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-03-2010, 10:46 AM.
                              Rod
                              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                              http://unclognh.com
                              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                              Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Anyone use cables with pin lock connections???

                                Yep, Thats me, I even had a guy at the show that wanted me to autograph his cleaner magazine, I know the guy that owns hot jet, their shop is about 80 miles from where i live, and they figured the bright tie dye would be a good way to draw attention to their add.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X