X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Force Pump by Allan J. Coleman

I think they still make the jetter nozzle that attach to hoses. Next time I am there I will ask about them and take pictures as well.

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    I have an older fire hose jetter nozzel made by them. I'll post pics tommorrow.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Her's a picture of the famed RO PUMP. IN AUS. IT'S A ROO PUMP
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by sewerratz View Post
        ok here is the tool i said in another post that i am going to make a new post about.

First let me explain how i came about this tool by allan j coleman. As you all know i have always said great things about the rothenberger ro-pump super, and how well it works. Here is the post i made recently about the ro-pump and how it works. http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...36&postcount=9

well at the trade show i talked to the people of rothenberger usa about some of their tools and they informed me that the ro-pump will no longer be in production. I bee-lined it to allan j coleman's booth at the trade show and talked to marvin about this. I was asking him how may ro-pumps he has in stock and that he should stock up on more of them. This is where he shocked me with a tool that they had been producing since the early 1900's i even found a patent document from 1911 online about this tool they call a force pump. Marvin told me they still make this unit themselves and sell them. So the other day i called there and ordered up a spare ro-pump and a allan j coleman force pump.

So here are some pictures of this force pump which i tried on a lav sink in my home and it works very well, pulled out gobs of my daughter's hair build up from the drain. I am very impressed it is made out of brass and looks like an antique.

here you go
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

About how much would this tool set me back?

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
            About how much would this tool set me back?
            I have to ask Marvin. will post in the afternoon.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I just got one from Marv yesterday and had a chance to use it this morning.

Works just as advertised!

I actually used it in tandem with my ancient steel water ram (that Marv told me was made in Maywood, IL only a couple miles from me, and sold by his store some 50 years ago!) to "push and pull" a stubborn tub waste blockage that I could not get to with a cable from the overflow. The drum trap was under some old brittle linoleum tile and I would have had to pull the toilet and then hack out the old plug to get at the line from there.

BTW, this was a third floor of a 4 story apartment building built in 1945 with back to back tubs (steel pipe with CI drainage fittings) that tie into a 2" line that takes the back to back lavs. Oh, and the tubs and toilets are on the outside wall. Rodding anything is always a project and a half

In short, this tool saved me a LOT of time and headache. The suction cup is big enough to use on any tub drain and gives you enough clearance to get around the spout too. I also tried it on my toilet at home as a "power plunger" and it worked great for that too.

I would highly recommend this tool!

Thanks to Marv for the great service and to Ron for the recommendation!

-Chris

GO BEARS!!! Beat those Packers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                I just got one from Marv yesterday and had a chance to use it this morning.

Works just as advertised!

I actually used it in tandem with my ancient steel water ram (that Marv told me was made in Maywood, IL only a couple miles from me, and sold by his store some 50 years ago!) to "push and pull" a stubborn tub waste blockage that I could not get to with a cable from the overflow. The drum trap was under some old brittle linoleum tile and I would have had to pull the toilet and then hack out the old plug to get at the line from there.

BTW, this was a third floor of a 4 story apartment building built in 1945 with back to back tubs (steel pipe with CI drainage fittings) that tie into a 2" line that takes the back to back lavs. Oh, and the tubs and toilets are on the outside wall. Rodding anything is always a project and a half

In short, this tool saved me a LOT of time and headache. The suction cup is big enough to use on any tub drain and gives you enough clearance to get around the spout too. I also tried it on my toilet at home as a "power plunger" and it worked great for that too.

I would highly recommend this tool!

Thanks to Marv for the great service and to Ron for the recommendation!

-Chris

GO BEARS!!! Beat those Packers!!

Do you own a Ropump Super Plus ? If so which one do you prefer ?

GO PACK GO !!! SQUISH THOSE BEARS !!!

Comment

Working...
                X