Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Septic system

Hi There

On my property I have a guest house that does not have any amenities. I want to build the shower, sink and toilet. The amenities will be mostly used during the summer.

For this project we will need to install a septic tank. We are going to run a 3" pipe to the septic tank and 2" pipe from the septic tank to the nearby sewer pipe. The septic tank will be under ground, but the pipes will be above the ground. To achieve the flow of the waste I would need to install the pump that will turn on automatically when septic tank fills with certain level of waist. I was told that there septic tank system that already have built in pumps and some kind of grinders that grind the waste before it is being pumped out. I searched on the web for such a system, but could not find anything.

Can someone tell me if such septic systems available and where can I get it?

Thanks

Re: Septic system

Research "sewage ejector pit".
    No need for a septic with these if you have a grinder pump.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Thanks

something like this?

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/sewage...ssemblies.html

Comment

Yep,thats it. I can't give you an opinion on a brand because I don't know.

Also I'm not a Plumber so I have no Idea if they are legal in your area or not?????

If you do end up installing one do it a way that the cover is easy to get to. The floats will need to be cleaned once in a while depending on the amount of grease etc.. that will stick to them.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Can someone explain to me why he needs a septic tank if he going to connect to the sewer?

Comment

Funny how terminology is different in different areas. When i was in Ohio it was called a sewage ejector here they call them lift stations.They are using a septic system as a lift station. Same prinicple as a sewage ejector using a larger sump area.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
              Can someone explain to me why he needs a septic tank if he going to connect to the sewer?

I'm guessing it's an elevation issue so he needs to pump up to the sewer main

Comment

Working...
              X