nights and weekends?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nights and weekends?

1 1/2" or 2" are $250.00. 3" or 4" are $360.00. that's for 2 hrs. past that is either $125.00 or $180.00 an hour extra. over half of my work is on weekends or evenings. some shop for price and service. if i'm the only one that will come, i'm still the most reasonable. if you are out there at weird hours charge. i repeat charge. none of my night and weekend customers price shop. they are happy to hear that i'm on my way. breid...............

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
      do you charge extra for after hours, ie nights, weekends, etc?

what do you charge? if you don't mind telling me.

i get most of my drain calls after 6pm and before midnight. no one wants to wait till morning. so for this evening i lost 2 calls. it was a rough day already. first call comes at 8pm then the next at 10pm.

90% of my service area is 35 miles away. i would have ended up going down there twice. it doesn't bother me so much in the day time. but at night?

you can pm me if you do not want to post openally.

thank you...

Good idea to discuss this.

I almost never charge time and a half. If someone calls me in the middle of the night. (VERY rare) then I'll charge it, but I let them know up front.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

We charge normal rates between 7am and 4pm Mon to Fri.
        Outside those hours and weekends a simple penalty rate of $90 is added.

We advise the customer we have to pay our plumbers 4x the normal rate thus the extra fee.

90% happy with that explanation.
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Anything after 4 pm or before 7am is time and a half. If they ask me how much I charge then I give them dble time rate. If you have the time to price shop and get me out of bed then it must not be that much of an emergency and you are going to pay for it. Chances are they are going to find some handy hack that will do it for less than what I charge anyway.
          Two men Have died for you. One is Jesus Christ the other is the american soldier. One died for your soul The other for your freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by alsdrainservice View Post
            Anything after 4 pm or before 7am is time and a half. If they ask me how much I charge then I give them dble time rate. If you have the time to price shop and get me out of bed then it must not be that much of an emergency and you are going to pay for it. Chances are they are going to find some handy hack that will do it for less than what I charge anyway.
            Hey Al wuz new buddy?? Keeping busy?
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Well I worked today. It was pre-scheduled though. I checked the answering machine while I was in the office, no job calls. I checked again this afternoon and the same. They can wait until monday now.
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                Hey Al wuz new buddy?? Keeping busy?
                Not with plumbing or sewer and drain work. Plenty of wood to split and stack though.
                Two men Have died for you. One is Jesus Christ the other is the american soldier. One died for your soul The other for your freedom.

Comment

Working...
                X