X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nights and weekends?

do you charge extra for after hours, ie nights, weekends, etc?

what do you charge? if you don't mind telling me.

i get most of my drain calls after 6pm and before midnight. no one wants to wait till morning. so for this evening i lost 2 calls. it was a rough day already. first call comes at 8pm then the next at 10pm.

90% of my service area is 35 miles away. i would have ended up going down there twice. it doesn't bother me so much in the day time. but at night?

you can pm me if you do not want to post openally.

thank you...
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Re: nights and weekends?

We were:

Straight time from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

Time and a half 6:00 PM to 8:00 AM, Monday through Friday.

Time and a half 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Saturday and Sunday.

Double time 6:00 PM to 8:00 AM, Saturday and Sunday.

Double time from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Holidays

Triple time 6:00 PM to 8:00 AM on Holidays.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

pretty much straight time m-f 7-5 and saturday if i've already scheduled it in advance. saturday unscheduled calls i will typically warn them in advance if it will be 1.5/ot.

in a given month a doubt i'll have 2 hrs of ot. i rarely charge it.

if i'm already there i'll still bill straight time.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

When you are by yourself it is easy to adjust things the way you want. However, when you have employees everyone needs to know up front what the rates are. I always felt emergency calls took my guys (or me) away from our families so the increased rate made owners think twice as to whether it was really an emergency. Of course when it was the tenants call, it didn't matter what it cost.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          We were:

Straight time from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

Time and a half 6:00 PM to 8:00 AM, Monday through Friday.

Time and a half 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Saturday and Sunday.

Double time 6:00 PM to 8:00 AM, Saturday and Sunday.

Double time from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Holidays

Triple time 6:00 PM to 8:00 AM on Holidays.

Mark
          8:00 am to 6:00pm "O" no 7:30 am to 4:00 pm is more civilised.

Tony

Comment

I charge a flat rate of $55 for anything before 8 am and after 5 pm mon- Fri and the same 55 for saturday and sunday, if they call before 5 but i cant get to them until after 5 i dont charge the after hours, Most people understand the after hours those that gripe about it i just ask them if their boss pays them overtime when they work late ?

Comment

My company charges less than time and a half for overtime for evening and early night. If it's literally getting us outta bed, it's time and a half.

We also will charge "light" overtime if we've gotta cut and run from a routine job to go to an emergency job; since we have to finish the job we were on later, and can't charge the routine job overtime for something that wasn't their fault.

When we're real busy, sometimes we'll extend the regular time hours. This allows us to schedule work later in the day without the customer having to pay OT.

The way i've always looked at it is that if it's their fault i'm there at 9PM on the Saturday, it's OT. If i've just been busy, and that's when I could get to them, it's not OT.

Comment

We go 7:30 to 3:30 and eat on the run most of the time if the sun is still up and i want to work its still reg time
                Saturday would be time 1/2 ....Already did one Saturday call this year
                Nights don't happen ...Sunday no
                90% of the call we do are emergencies to the customer
                I look at emergencies like this
                If a sink is stopped up.....just stop running water
                If the com wont flush...Don't flush it
                If the washer is coming up in the tub ...turn it off
                Pipe has been froze for 3 days now water running every were...
                You should of called 3 days ago
                Sewers.....
                almost every time if you stop running water you will have a flush or two in the morning

I will be Johnnie on the spot in the morning and every one is still happy
                I might lose a call or two over the weekend from a customer i usually don't know that called every plumber in the book

I sleep good at night

Comment

the same across the board here.
                  Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                  1-920-284-7471

Comment

I love working at night.
                    7am to 5pm normal rates.
                    I will charge normal rates on Saturday morning if were behind from that week. Time and a half on nights after 5 and on weekends.
                    Doulble time on holidays. Our pumping rates double after hours because it work out that way with our cost and flat rates. The rates are too low around here to make any money just do one load at night or by itself.

I do not charge time and a half many times for the fact that it a good way to build relationships depending on the work that may come from that account in the furture. When they call because your the one they want then charge it.

Comment

I charge a $50 after 5pm and weekends (unless scheduled) because I was getting way too many "my sink has been backed up for 3 days and I need you here now (8pm)" jobs.

You'd be surprised how many people can wait 12 more hrs to save $50.

I'll normally waive the fee if it's truly an emergency that was just noticed (main, only one toilet and it's backed up, that type of thing).

I note it on the invoice so they can see I cut them some slack and most are very thankful for this, but I do jokingly warn them that next time they will have to better schedule their emergencies
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I only work on weekends if it is scheduled in advance. Most of the yahoo pumpers that advertise 24 hour 7day service don't charge anything more for it. We used to do night or weekend work but found that most of it was not truly emergencies. "Gee it had been gurgling for 3 days now".
                        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

M-f 10 am- 7pm regular time. Any call that comes in after 7 pm is a 65 dollar fee. Anything that comes in after 9 pm can wait til morning. Saturday 11am-4 pm no extra fee. After that it is 80 dollars. Sundays It better be a huge emergency to get me out there.

Comment

Regular rate Monday-Saturday 7am-6pm After 6pm-8m Time and a half
                            Sundays Double Time.
                            Holidays Double Time. Christmas is Triple time. Sorry you pull me from my family on Christmas and play in your nasty? Your going to pay for it.
                            Rod
                            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                            http://unclognh.com
                            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

we are straight time 8-430 After 430 it is roughly time and half. (flat rate) implemented one guy working Tuesday through Sunday and that eans sat and sun are straight time until 430 now.

Comment

Working...
                              X