Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sectional vs Drum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: Sectional vs Drum

    Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
    Love Electric Eel's expandale blades.
    do they fir on the ridgid 7500 3/4 cable?

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: Sectional vs Drum

      Originally posted by ranman View Post
      do they fir on the ridgid 7500 3/4 cable?
      I don't think they do Their expandable blades fit the Model c 1 1/4 cable
      Their Model D5 I think it's called does. I have an original from 1999 that still gets the job done.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

      Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: Sectional vs Drum

        Call marv or shane at Allan J Coleman they sell an adapter that with fit the eel cutters on the k-7500. Just bought one last week from them!

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: Sectional vs Drum

          Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          First I have to say I remember standing in the Alaska Industrial Hardware store on Airport Way one January wondering how anyone could work during the winter in Fairbanks so you have my respect.

          Mark
          What caused you to be in AIH in January for?

          I'm sure there's better tool stores in Utah

          ---------------------

          Help me support children’s cancer research CLICK HERE!

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: Sectional vs Drum

            Originally posted by radar_40 View Post
            I have looked at literally pages of posts about the debate after the first reply.....

            I would have deleted the thread if I could have figured out how.

            Now that my eyes are crossed, the end result for me is that I want to try a sectional.

            I've never been into forums at all until I found this one.... Thanks guys!

            Now i've just gotta find a good Ridgid dealer.
            There are 4 here (not including Homealone Depot), but none of them know much other than how to get it here if you give them the catalog#.
            Hey radar. I bought mine through toolsup.com. they were the cheapest place i could find on the internet. i paid $1,500 for the whole kit. which includes 75' of cable, the cable carrier, the machine, the tool box with 5 different heads, and the guide hose. There are many plumbers on here that have alot of knowledge with the sectionals (k-60). i only used mine one time so far, because i just got it, I used it in my basement to practice. But i have to say, after hauling my K-7500 in my van all the time up and down stairs this k-60 is like a dream. i still have to get use to feeding the cable in and out but from what i hear on here a little practice and its not bad........ good luck.

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: Sectional vs Drum

              It seems that Sectional and Drum have created the classic 2 party political conundrum. Both have their own approaches to solving the same problems (clogged drains). We debate and debate about which is better and never accomplish much in persuading the others to join our respective rank and file.

              The jetters (at least for smaller drains) seem to be the small third party that can't quite get a foothold. This analogy doesn't hold up for larger drains.


              If only there was a machine that could unite both parties.....the mythical sectional drum. A light weight and portable power drive that runs larger diameter open wind cable that can be seperated into smaller sections, but can also be run continuously in a storage drum.....oh wait, sort of like the eel model N.....hmmmm. if only,, if only

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: Sectional vs Drum

                Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                It seems that Sectional and Drum have created the classic 2 party political conundrum. Both have their own approaches to solving the same problems (clogged drains). We debate and debate about which is better and never accomplish much in persuading the others to join our respective rank and file.

                The jetters (at least for smaller drains) seem to be the small third party that can't quite get a foothold. This analogy doesn't hold up for larger drains.


                If only there was a machine that could unite both parties.....the mythical sectional drum. A light weight and portable power drive that runs larger diameter open wind cable that can be seperated into smaller sections, but can also be run continuously in a storage drum.....oh wait, sort of like the eel model N.....hmmmm. if only,, if only
                i have 2 of the general 82/88 similar to the eel.

                but for all out portability and speed. the timberwolf is the king of all. just did 40' with 1.25'' cable and a 3.5'' cutter from inside a powder room closet bend in a multi million dollar home for an attorney

                i wasn't worried about it as i know my machine and the safety factor. another impressed customer that wants to use me on his expert cases

                the guy 5 weeks before used a drum with a bent cable tip and didn't even replace the wax ring.

                rick.
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: Sectional vs Drum

                  Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  i have 2 of the general 82/88 similar to the eel.

                  but for all out portability and speed. the timberwolf is the king of all. just did 40' with 1.25'' cable and a 3.5'' cutter from inside a powder room closet bend in a multi million dollar home for an attorney

                  i wasn't worried about it as i know my machine and the safety factor. another impressed customer that wants to use me on his expert cases

                  the guy 5 weeks before used a drum with a bent cable tip and didn't even replace the wax ring.

                  rick.
                  I had a chance to talk with the guy who used to do all the drain work up here is now retired but still does a few. Does the same thing with a bent cable end no blades He also feels no need to replace a wax ring.
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                  Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: Sectional vs Drum

                    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    i have 2 of the general 82/88 similar to the eel.

                    but for all out portability and speed. the timberwolf is the king of all. just did 40' with 1.25'' cable and a 3.5'' cutter from inside a powder room closet bend in a multi million dollar home for an attorney

                    i wasn't worried about it as i know my machine and the safety factor. another impressed customer that wants to use me on his expert cases

                    the guy 5 weeks before used a drum with a bent cable tip and didn't even replace the wax ring.

                    rick.

                    Rick et al who use the timberwolf:

                    I give you guys your props for taking the chance with the timberwolf....that 's not for me. Too much risk involved if you ask me. I've asked around in town and have yet to find someone in my area that uses this method. It is what it is.

                    as far as the Eel machine, i was referring to the model N which uses the dualmatic 5/8" cable. That just seems like the best of both worlds to me. If only something like the N for larger diameter pipe (up to 6")
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 03-11-2010, 03:33 PM. Reason: add photo

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: Sectional vs Drum

                      Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                      Rick et al who use the timberwolf:

                      I give you guys your props for taking the chance with the timberwolf....that 's not for me. Too much risk involved if you ask me. I've asked around in town and have yet to find someone in my area that uses this method. It is what it is.

                      as far as the Eel machine, i was referring to the model N which uses the dualmatic 5/8" cable. That just seems like the best of both worlds to me. If only something like the N for larger diameter pipe (up to 6")
                      Once you get the feel for it. It becomes second nature with a timerwolf or drill. I like it. Knocked out many tuff drains with it
                      It's quick to set up powerful and very maneuverable.
                      Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-11-2010, 04:17 PM.
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                      Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: Sectional vs Drum

                        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        the guy 5 weeks before used a drum with a bent cable tip and didn't even replace the wax ring
                        I'd say the guy was a hack and would be one no matter what his choice of equipment was...

                        That said...

                        When he goes to the pearly gates at least he will go doing one thing right in his whole life...
                        411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X