Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you K-60 users??

What do you guys do if the clean out is say 5 feet off the basement floor
    Up on the foundation wall use some kind of stand?
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Re: Question for you K-60 users??

This should be in the k-60 thread.

I Get on a Roof if the sewer is holding water!

If it is an over head cleanout i set the machine on the floor, grab the cable with both hands and push down the lever with my right foot!

The k-60 is really a simple machine to use, it handles 80% of every drain cleaning i do! Few and far between does the k-60 have to take a rest.

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
      This should be in the k-60 thread.

I Get on a Roof if the sewer is holding water!

If it is an over head cleanout i set the machine on the floor, grab the cable with both hands and push down the lever with my right foot!

The k-60 is really a simple machine to use, it handles 80% of every drain cleaning i do! Few and far between does the k-60 have to take a rest.
      No roof access here. 90% of roofs here are two story high pitch roofs.
      seems the k-60 is no good for my area.
      Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-04-2010, 06:32 PM.
      Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

You could run it through the machine backwards and use the rear guide hose in a pinch

Comment

I cannot recommend this as the safest way to do things. But I have a Little Giant ladder copy. I've put it at the height I want and set the machine on top.

J.C.

Comment

You might want to devise a way to secure the machine to the ladder at least. I don't think I'd try it though!
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
              What do you guys do if the clean out is say 5 feet off the basement floor
              Up on the foundation wall use some kind of stand?
              You just take the K-7500 and flip the stair climber to the raised position then lay it on its back...

You'll have about 3' of cable out which I consider just about right...
              411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
                You just take the K-7500 and flip the stair climber to the raised position then lay it on its back...

You'll have about 3' of cable out which I consider just about right...
                Was looking for a more lazy way of doing things.
                So far the easiest way for me on this set up is the drum or 1 1/4 eel 8 foot sections with drill for some of those hard to reach for the drum.
                Walk up to clean out toss a few sections of eel cable hook up drill done
                I'll keep my eye out for a k-60 on ebay or something some basements are very low and may come in handy there. Trying to justify buying VS how many times I may use it.
                Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-04-2010, 07:56 PM.
                Rod

Comment

I Don't use the k 60. I use the k 50. When I have an over head clean out. I will use one of my 2 small step ladders. place the machine on the top. bungee cord it down. than I will use scrap 1.5 inch pvc about 3 feet long on both ends of the machine, to keep the cable from going everywhere.
                  My helper just gave me this to make our lifes easier http://www.lowes.com/pd_47316-12223-...rea1-_-19611_4

Comment

use some scrap pvc to make a guide, just like used to on my drum. breid................

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                      use some scrap pvc to make a guide, just like used to on my drum. breid................
                      Exactly and use your foot to operate the clutch.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I hold the cable with both hands and operate the K-60 with my foot. We have a lot of high sewers and septic lines at that level and after you get a feel of using the machine at that level its not that bad.
                        ________
                        Mazda h platform picture
                        Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:44 PM.
                        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          I cannot recommend this as the safest way to do things. But I have a Little Giant ladder copy. I've put it at the height I want and set the machine on top.

J.C.
                          i do the same thing, but i use the real little giant and a work platform that snaps onto the rungs. a ratchet strap will hold the machine exactly where you want it. done it many times and never lost a machine or cable

plus if it's only 8' or less, i usually can just set the machine on a rolling trash can lid and be just a few feet away. cable control is very simple and safe with the clutch.

look at the timberwolf, i'm always 10+' away at certain times.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Work platform on my Little Giant

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                              You could run it through the machine backwards and use the rear guide hose in a pinch
                              i've done that.

i keep a couple of 4' lengths of 2" & 3" with 45s 90s to make a snoot. also works well in a manhole situation
                              normally if i can't get easy access to the CO i bring in the K-75. it's on wheels and is easy to manuever in most situations. while i'm glad i got the 60 (great backup if the 75 or 50 go down) it's not my go to machine

steve
                              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X