Hydrojetting corrugated drainage pipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydrojetting corrugated drainage pipe

I've never tried it before but the pipe is the 6" black corrugated leach drain pipe for area drains that comes in rolls with the slits formed in. Thinwall also. Will my big General gas powered jetter shred this pipe to peices? I don't even know if will go very far down the line without getting caught up by the internal ridges. I guess i will find out tomorrow morning.

Re: Hydrojetting corrugated drainage pipe

What is the pressure and gpm of your jetter? I have jetted them with my J-3000 which is 3000 PSI @ 5 gpm with no issues. I also used my Spartan jetter 1600 PSI @ 18 GPM with a warthog nozzle and had no issues.

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
    I've never tried it before but the pipe is the 6" black corrugated leach drain pipe for area drains that comes in rolls with the slits formed in. Thinwall also. Will my big General gas powered jetter shred this pipe to peices? I don't even know if will go very far down the line without getting caught up by the internal ridges. I guess i will find out tomorrow morning.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I have jetted them OK and tore up others just matters if it has gotten to the brittle stage. Check an end of it that is buried in the ground.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

If your jetter tears it up, your snake will also, so if it has to work they can either dig, or let you try and maybe fail and end up digging anyway. Their decision.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

We jetted a 4" plastic drain tile today and used the 3/4" hose with the machine at idle. It is a 40 GPM @ 2000 psi machine but the pressure reading was around 500 PSI. No harm was done. We didn't feel like setting up the 3/8" hose reel for 60 ft. of cleaning.

You can get pretty aggressive in my experience with the stuff unless its really old. The more flow the better as it helps to rinse out the ribs in the pipe.
          www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Okay, the jetting went well except it didn't fix the problem, only confirmed that the pipe was smashed or severed. After some digging and line locating we discovered that on a project last year the Lanscaper cut through the pipe with his trencher and completely ignored it! So he could run his PVC sprinkler pipe though without offsets; then covering up the damage. Some people.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
              After some digging and line locating we discovered that on a project last year the Lanscaper cut through the pipe with his trencher and completely ignored it! So he could run his PVC sprinkler pipe though without offsets; then covering up the damage. Some people.
              A few years ago a fellow driving a bobcat pushing sand around for an excavating contractor busted off a vent pipe I had installed for the underground for fifteen bathroom groups. It was a slab building. The *** said nothing and instead of helping, buried the pipe and hole. Some people! is exactly right.
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

We've run accross many a sprinkler line laid right on top of the septic tank lid. Pisses me off! What's scary is finding power lines accross the lid! We've got insulated probes now for that very reason.
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
                X