Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rothenberger 550, 600, 750

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
    for me starting out and being able to run 1-14",7/8",and5/8" with one machine may be the best bet for me. Can you run an adaptor with 3/8" cable like the k-60 sewer rat? I will be in the same boat I have a chevy 3500 service body with no roof and will need to buy a 4'x2' steel box to keep my equipment in so space will be very limited.
    The older units you used to be able to get a 3/8 collet you can snap in and run a 3/8 cable. I do not see it offered any more, just the 5/8 collet. I did not know the K-60 had an adapter to run the 3/8 cable.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

sorry I mean the adaptor that holds something like 25' of 3/8" cable.

Comment

The drum adapter is not really made for the K-60 its a K-50 option but some guys had success using it on the k-60
        sorry I mean the adaptor that holds something like 25' of 3/8" cable.
        If you where looking at the K-60 and you where going to be happy with the 7/8 cable and 5/8 cable, it will be a decent choice for you. But if you are doing long 6" runs with havey tree roots then the R 750 is a better option.

Sewer rat you are really throwing a wrench in my plans as I was all ready to buy the K-60 on monday.

Comment

I see on their site they have a adaptor like the ridgid one will it work on the R750?

Comment

I see on their site they have a adaptor like the ridgid one will it work on the R750?
            nope it will work on the 600 and 550. If you go with the R750, you just need to get the new Ridgid K45 pistol rod so you can do smaller drains. I have rodded many lav sinks and tub lines with the 5/8 cable , but it is nice to have the smaller cable for them tight blockages in the smaller lines.

Comment

Check this out Sewer rat 3.6 Working using 8 mm or 10 mm spirals
              8 mm or 10 mm spirals should be used for narrow pipes and pipe bends. An adapter magazine available as an accessory is needed for this purpose; this contains an 8 mm or 10 mm spirals in a drum (for R750 clamp clips are needed). The adapter magazine should be installed in place of the guide tube.
              For R750, push the suit clamp clip over the spiral into the boring until the stop face.
              Adapter magazine incl. spirale
              Adapter with Clamp clip for setscrew R750
              Work then continues in the same way as with a standard spiral. An adjustable brake is provided on the machine to prevent co-rotation of the adapter magazine. The braking action is achieved by lifting the hand-lever to its extreme end position. If there is no longer an adequate braking action, the setscrew on the adapter should be slackened and the distance between the casting and the clamp corrected. The setscrew should then be re-tightened.

Comment

have you ever ran these small cables down a toilet trap? or heard of it being done maybe better than the old faith full closet auger but maybe you could crack the bowl?
                Last edited by Clipper City Plumber; 03-06-2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

have you ever ran these small cables down a toilet trap? or heard of it being done maybe better than the closet auger but maybe you could crack the bowl?
                  I have rodded through a water closet a couple times with 3/8 cable, but I rather use a toilet bowl auger. As for the adapters to work with the R750 I will look into that on Monday. That would make the machine a good all around machine then.

Comment

For some reason the picture does not copy? But Rothenberger shows the adaptor hooked up and they show a "clamp clip" for the 750 and then show the adaptor you'll have to look at it. http://www.rothenberger-usa.com/file...650-750_OM.pdf But thanks for the info.

Comment

Sewer rat you are really throwing a wrench in my plans as I was all ready to buy the K-60 on monday.
                      i would still buy it. the k-60 does 70% of my drain cleaning. the k-39 does 20% and the 1.25 timberwolf does the last 10%.

as far as 2-6'' pipe it's closer to 90%.

have you ever ran these small cables down a toilet trap? or heard of it being done maybe better than the old faith full closet auger but maybe you could crack the bowl?
                      i have posted pictures and a thread on running 5/8'' sectional through a toilet a good 45' to clear out wipes.

the rothenberger has a big foreign market, out here, ridgid is king.

i think you will get tired working with the 75# rothenberger. the k-60 is a light in weight tool for everyday use. most people that have used a k1500 and now have a k-60 will use the k-60 for all but the worst situations.

you won't go wrong with he k-60 i know i'm not the only one that believes in the k-60.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

[ the 1.25 timberwolf does the last 10%.
                        Rick do you run this in someones house? Have any problems with controlling the cable and keep it from hitting walls fixtures ect? I have never seen this done as I was taught to use the k-50 for 1-1/2"to2" and K-1500 for 3" and up and know how quick the 1-1/4" cable can whip out "but" you always have a hand on it. I could see using this method when cleaning from a septic inlet but just worry about running it inside.I don't like the idea of dealing with 135 lbs or 78 lbs and love the idea of 40 lbs or the weight of a right angle drill. I would think it would be a long process with a drill and 1-1/4" cable as you would go it slow since you don't know were the clog is and don't want to rip your arm off. Fill in the gaps thanks Rick.

Comment

i'm using 10' sections of 1.25'' cable and 2- 4' sections when needed, so there is very little whip that can go on. 138' is the max. amount of cable i have in 1.25''. and i have run all of it before. the trick is to push in by hand as much as you can first. typically i can push 30-40' first. then the thread pitch will self feed in the sections and also self feed it out in reverse. works the same as the eel or the general 82/88 walk behind,except you don't need the 150# of machine.

i keep the drill and 48' of 1.25'' in the truck. the rest i keep in the shop.

7/8'' i keep 165' and the k-60 in the truck along with 75' of 5/8'' to go with my k-50 or the k-60.

been using the timberwolf for a few years now and it's been a great tool for the big and nasty.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

RICK'S trying to sell the k-60

RON is trying to sell Rothenberger 750

Who will win!??

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                              RICK'S trying to sell the k-60

RON is trying to sell Rothenberger 750

Who will win!??
                              ron has a lot of catching up to do

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

hey Rick take a look at this do you think it is a good deal?http://cgi.ebay.com/RIDGID-K-60-PLUM...#ht_720wt_1167

Comment

Working...
                                X