Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rothenberger 550, 600, 750

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
    hey Rick take a look at this do you think it is a good deal?http://cgi.ebay.com/RIDGID-K-60-PLUM...#ht_720wt_1167

looks almost too clean. what bothers me is the broken pin hole. i find it interesting he broke it. also the rust near the power switch and the fact he's changed the gfi. i woul be concerned it got flooded.

the price is decent, but you still need cables, cutters, guide hose. better if this was a replacement to an exisiting machine. not so good when you add up all the extras.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Doesn't it rust from wet cables moving thru the machine. As far as the price goes I am looking at 1145 for a new k-60 however the ridgid guy at ferguson tells me if I buy it as a kit with cables, cutters,guide hose,etc it would be cheaper. Another thing why is this pin hole so important K-50& K-1500 have no handle lock? And basically you would just buy a new K-60 with cable kit?

Comment

The key hole just helps in carring it around. I think it would be a pain without the key hole. You can buy just a new handle

Comment

thats what I thought

Comment

the pin hole does 2 things.

#1 for storing the machine in a small bin, keeps the handle down.

#2 more importantly it allows you to carry it from the handle and balances it properly in that position. of course you could stand it up and always carry it from the front vertical position.

#3 is why did it break? it broke from the pulling up direction. very odd.

get a price on the new unit with cables, cutters and guide hose.

i think you'll find the savings might not be worth the risk.

also we might find a better deal for you through all our fellow forum sources

glad you're interested in the k-60. you'll be very happy with it in no time.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Well I will have to get my price from the ridgid sales guy at ferguson and if you guys can help that would be great I was about to whip out the old C.C. I am starting to get worried about getting a drain call and have to rent some POS home depot drum s**t slinger. But for now I am going to have to go to work for free again my chevy 3500 bed is rusted and am going to test out my new bosch 4-1/2" grinder picked that up at ferguson s for $73 last night and got a free beer. So I will talk to you guys later if you can find something send me the info.

Comment

If you are getting into the drain cleaning business you damn well better have a MicroDrain camera. There's a nice one on Ebay from a well trusted member

Comment

how much crack?

Comment

like rick it looks to clean. the lack of the pin hole is not really the problem to me. what i want to know is how did they break it off? old 4deals is a i don't know what. good or bad. read his pitch a few times. gave pause to think. my first thought on the broken handle was that was where the padlock went. also it looks as though the handle was cut. maybe the gfi wear out, mine hasn't. that doesn't mean any thing of course. btw no one on here has complained about that being a problem that i remember. also if you want to make the case nice like this one, use phosphoric acid. it will be shiny new. that was my first thought when saw this. your call. breid..............

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
                      how much crack?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Comment

I knew that was you lol.
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Hey Clipper,

Being a new business, there is probably more tax incentive to buy your new drain machine new. It's a business expense and buying new is easier for your accountant to track/justify over ebay. Maybe give your accountant a call on Monday?

Good Luck!

-Chris

Comment

Wonder if Ratz guy has any 550, 600, or 750's used? Hmmmm......

And who copied who? The old Ridgid K60 and the current Rothenbergers both look the same.

J.C.

Comment

Talked to the accountant yesterday since he's my dad, he spent 25 years in the IRS he convinced me to form a sub chapter "S" corporation for the tax advantage and has had me helping him with his taxes for his small business so I can learn the ropes on the whole "tax game" But he told me "if you cant get a deal well get a deal. The key is to make money with it don't worry about taxes." But thanks for the advice I did hear something on c-span about some thing being added to a current bill to allow the right off of any new equipment bought this year. But like he has told me about that stuff what these guys talk about and what the IRS will allow is a different story. I wasted eight hours five yesterday and three today I bought a wire wheel for the new grinder and went to town on the rusted truck bed only to find out today you don't have to remove remove rust all the way down to bare metal if you are go to apply roll on bed liner! Their is a product made that seals the rust to stop it from spreading have any of you heard of this and does it work? I am going to try this on monday I am going to have to go to Jessup to get prices for two new doors and shelves and a ladder rack. MONEY MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY. It's like this never stops.But that has been my weekend swade.
                              Last edited by Clipper City Plumber; 03-07-2010, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X