Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rothenberger 550, 600, 750

Does anyone own these?
    Are they good/bad?
    Was the old Ridgid K-60 the same machine?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Rothenberger 550, 600, 750

I have the 750 which spins the 1 1/4 and 7/8 cable with no modifying it at all just feed the cable in and press the clutch handle. Then you snap in the adapter into the front of the machine and you can spin the 5/8 cable as well.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      I have the 750 which spins the 1 1/4 and 7/8 cable with no modifying it at all just feed the cable in and press the clutch handle. Then you snap in the adapter into the front of the machine and you can spin the 5/8 cable as well.
      What's the weight of the machine?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Found it. Machine only is 78lbs.

J.C.

Comment

Ron,

Do you like the Rothenberger 750?

How often do you use it?

Does it have good power?

it looks like a killer machine!

Comment

I use it a lot in crawl spaces. I also use it when I get bored with drum machines. It has lots of power. I have spun 600' of 1 1/4 cable with it. Granted it was straining and I doubt it would of done any good in heavy roots that far out, it was a grease blockage from manhole to manhole. As for the one question about rodding overhead sewers, Rothenberger makes a tripod you can mount the machine on to get the added height needed to work the machine.

Comment

78 lbs forget roof top cleanings ?

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
                78 lbs forget roof top cleanings ?
                Its only 30 pounds heaver than a K-60 but it can spin more cable and larger cable than the K-60 Now if you want to compare a like machine to the R750 the K-1500 would be the one. Its a bit more bulky than the R750 and weighs in at 135 pounds.

I have used this machine on a lot of roof jobs in the past. These days I refuse to rod from a roof unless the vent stack is clogged. There is supposed to be a proper clean out some where in the home, if there is not one I give a price to install one. To many dangers with rodding from the roof, the obvious is falling off, but what if the roof is rotten that you can not see with the naked eye but you find out real fast when you fall through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  I have used this machine on a lot of roof jobs in the past. These days I refuse to rod from a roof unless the vent stack is clogged. There is supposed to be a proper clean out some where in the home, if there is not one I give a price to install one. To many dangers with rodding from the roof, the obvious is falling off, but what if the roof is rotten that you can not see with the naked eye but you find out real fast when you fall through the roof.
                  You are wise Obiwon. How many roofs have you fallen through?
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

good point I have been debating whether to go with these rothenberger machines or ridgid and worry how hard it could be to get cables or heads when needed for the rothenberger machines down the road when stuff breaks or need to have it fixed .
                    Last edited by Clipper City Plumber; 03-05-2010, 11:30 PM.

Comment

good point I have been debating whether to go with these rothenberger machines or ridgid and worry how hard it could be to get cables or heads when needed for the rothenberger machines down the road when stuff breaks or need to have it fixed .
                      You can use Ridgid cables and or cutters. They are interchangeable. As for repair parts for the machine itself, I only needed new jaws and a belt and it took me a couple weeks to get. As for Ridgid parts I could get them the next day from Allan J Coleman.

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                      You are wise Obiwon. How many roofs have you fallen through?
                      Fell through one roof put my foot through more than one.

Comment

why weeks could you have paid extra for 2 day air ? about how often do you use the rothenberger and which models ?

Comment

why weeks could you have paid extra for 2 day air ? about how often do you use the rothenberger and which models ?
                          Currently I use my Rothenberger maybe once or twice a month. Mostly for crawl space jobs. I own a R750, back in the past when I was on a small pick up truck it was the only machine on the truck. I carried it with 150' of 1 1/4 cable and 75' of 5/8 cable. Also carried a Ro-Pump and Kinetic water Ram as well and a toilet bowl auger.

I could of paid extra for faster shipping, but I have many other machines I can fall back on.

Comment

for me starting out and being able to run 1-14",7/8",and5/8" with one machine may be the best bet for me. Can you run an adaptor with 3/8" cable like the k-60 sewer rat? I will be in the same boat I have a chevy 3500 service body with no roof and will need to buy a 4'x2' steel box to keep my equipment in so space will be very limited.

Comment

Sewer rat you are really throwing a wrench in my plans as I was all ready to buy the K-60 on monday.

Comment

Working...
                              X