X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doing work for friends/Families & aquaintences

I have never had a friend or family member expect work at a discount. They expect me to be fair, and honest. They know I am running a business and nothing is free.

I did have a friend of a friend call and ask for a discount...never met her before either. We set up an appointment and she canceled, guess she found her handyman in shining armor.

Comment

My family and church and maybe a poor elderly lady from the church would get free help. Don't do discounts or special favors or even will except a job for a friend. It's like loaning a friend money which I have learned is never a good idea unless you just want to give it to them. If I feel they are taking advantage of me then I will tell them they are and if they want I can recommend a plumber for them. Now that I am working at RootX, I will snake my churches sewer or drains which is about once a year. Occasionally a family member will call me if they are really in tight spot.

Comment

I did main for a in-law several years ago. handed me $20.0 and said that “MUST” be around your hourly rate. As I walked out I asked them to come to the bathroom and flushed her $20.00 and said I know now what you think of me.. as I walked out the door I said $20.00 didn’t cover the gas there and back. I personally have no problem with helping “GOOD” friends and family.

I had no intention to charge them, but it was the tone of voice that set me off
        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
          I did main for a in-law several years ago. handed me $20.0 and said that “MUST” be around your hourly rate. As I walked out I asked them to come to the bathroom and flushed her $20.00 and said I know now what you think of me.. as I walked out the door I said $20.00 didn’t cover the gas there and back. I personally have no problem with helping “GOOD” friends and family.

I had no intention to charge them, but it was the tone of voice that set me off

Well said! That's one thing that really irritates me is when people try and take advantage of your generosity. Then they insulted you like that....

Comment

Working...
          X