Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Economy killing your Preventive maintenance sales?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Economy killing your Preventive maintenance sales?

We all know that Preventive maintenance contracts are a must for growth of any Plumbing/Drain company.
    How are Sales of Preventive maintenance in your area?
    Has the economy hurt you in this area of sales?
    Do you feel it's hurting your over all growth?

Here I'm 98% emergency calls only.
    Noone is buying into Preventive maintenance here. This area has been hard hit by the economy.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Re: Is the Economy killing your Preventive maintenance sales?

Never had any preventitve agreements to start with, In 8 years of being self employed, ive had only one customer that i cleaned their drain once a month it was a 14 plex apt complex with orangeburg pipe, and that only lasted for a couple years before they finally replaced the pipe,
    So not having preventitive maint agreements have not affected my business at all, and quick books says im still showing growth.......Thanks to my Jetters !!

Comment

Was talking to a friend of mine that works for a drain company in MA,
      They had a very High amount of maintenance contracts in the range of over 50% of their total calls per year. When the economy tanked it's down to less than 20% They had to lay off 6 techs. They service the greater Boston area. Cut back on advertising They took a beating.

Bad times to be a big company. Smaller companies seem to be weathering the storm better.
      Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

if the customers wants a maintenance agreement, i tell them to write it down on their calendar and call me when it's time

call me when my/ your track record says it's time, not when my wallet says it's empty.

if all i did was preventative maintenance, then i wouldn't have time for anything else. i'm sure i've snaked drains every day of the calendar over the years.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Until last week nearly all of my septic calls this year had been due to a backup. Most of what I did last week was preventative.
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
            Until last week nearly all of my septic calls this year had been due to a backup. Most of what I did last week was preventative.
            Had lots of full tanks last year and this year so far. Ask are you sure your clogged?? Ummm not sure. When was the last time you were pumped??
            Ummmm mmmmm 5 years ago maybe longer. Anything more than two years without pumping I tell them call the Septic dude first.
            Rod

Comment

Is your preventive contracts the same as a service contract? We have many contracts and would say that 75% of our new clients purchase the contract.

Our service contracts warranty plumbing repairs or replacements for a full five years bumper to bumper and our draining cleaning is a one year warranty( with or without a contract).It offers a minimum ten percent discount, free return trip for an inspection in twelve months.

What we find is the majority of clients want to take care of preventive measures right now instead of waiting for a product failure.We check all water lines that are acdessible, shut off valves,worn ballcocks that are spraying,rustted tank float rods,bad trip levers,hard or difficult stems,cartridges and pressure balancing valve that are not used by the home owner, flush the water heater and check elements and stats, plus more.

Comment

Originally posted by rich34232 View Post
                Is your preventive contracts the same as a service contract? We have many contracts and would say that 75% of our new clients purchase the contract.

Our service contracts warranty plumbing repairs or replacements for a full five years bumper to bumper and our draining cleaning is a one year warranty( with or without a contract).It offers a minimum ten percent discount, free return trip for an inspection in twelve months.

What we find is the majority of clients want to take care of preventive measures right now instead of waiting for a product failure.We check all water lines that are acdessible, shut off valves,worn ballcocks that are spraying,rustted tank float rods,bad trip levers,hard or difficult stems,cartridges and pressure balancing valve that are not used by the home owner, flush the water heater and check elements and stats, plus more.
                Many here are now are choosing to let stuff go until there is a problem.
                Even winterization. Furnace and boiler cleanings. Drain cleaning yearly maintenance contracts. Products like rootx. This has been the difference between profit and just squeaking by.
                Same with local septic their waiting for the $hit to over flow.
                The whole attitude here now if it aint broke don't fix. If it is broke DIY
                Rod

Comment

Resturant are pushing off there PM programs for sure. I see people who know they have has issues say we'll wait. I cooled off on PM because not many people are saying go ahead. After the issue they say sign me up, but when we call and say its time, we'll wait alittle bit. I tell them the PM price is no good after the line is backed up again. I think our grease trap business is going to grow with new FOG program the citys are starting. They are sick of cleaning the same line all the time. Were going to get the work one way or another is the other way to look at it. Pay me now or pay me later.

Comment

I love the “FOG program” I have just signed up several new accounts. Nice thing is the Fog program of ordinance stats very specific rules that need to be followed. No we will wait. If the program isn’t followed the owners can be fined.
                    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                    1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
                    X