Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price shocked customers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Price shocked customers

    Many people do not realize using them flat tape push snakes takes real skill to clear a drain without busting out the backs of fittings. We have a few flat tapes most of them are 125' in length but we do have a 250' one.

    I hope what you got clears up for you fast. My cold/flu is at its end today. I feel 80% better than I did yesterday. Guess one more night of good rest will get this bug gone.


    Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
    Ron your Spot on about the 45º Clay takes a 45º at 30' they smashed the clay 45º at hub and back wall of the 45º with the flat push snake. Camera the line total devastation.
    Another DIY gone very bad. I cut them a break on the camera work.
    Now they have to dig. This happens here alot with those flat push rods
    They think their hitting the clog and break the pipe. their going to have me come out and camera line when the pipe is exposed to see if the rest is good.
    Going to the Doctors office at 5pm can't seem to shake what I got. Felt like I was working 3 times as hard.

    Update: Oh boy antibiotics for 10 days and an inhaler. I got a little kitty sticker from the Doctor.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Price shocked customers

      Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      Many people do not realize using them flat tape push snakes takes real skill to clear a drain without busting out the backs of fittings. We have a few flat tapes most of them are 125' in length but we do have a 250' one.

      I hope what you got clears up for you fast. My cold/flu is at its end today. I feel 80% better than I did yesterday. Guess one more night of good rest will get this bug gone.
      Now I know were " Come on lads put your backs into it" Came from.
      Running a 250' flat push snake.
      Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-09-2010, 08:59 PM.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

      Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Price shocked customers

        Originally posted by last12know View Post
        first off.. i admit to not reading the whole thread... got disgusted after viewing the few bad apples whining about hardworking people trying to get the best price they can afford for services.. there are also a lot of good people who charge fair prices for services rendered.. the best of the lot saying they couldnt' justify charging someone a wholes day work for a one hour stoppage.... if i could, i'd buy you a drink. for the other guy who said he turned down people who price shopped.. how do you figure they questioned your honesty? they didn't know what it run to have you come to their place and where checking around.. do you buy the first car you come across just because the salemen tells you it is the car for you? maybe it is but you still compare it to other cars don't you?

        i get a kick out of the ones cheating customers because the "the other guy does it" too.. i'm talking of the big outfits using blue laundry soap and other dirty tricks.. if your friends jumped off a bridge i suppose you would too. (granted that outburst was initiated by a previous thread but it seems similar to this as it's all about what the other guys are doing too.. )

        when i need services i don't call around to the people i'm chosing from .. i call friends who have used similar services and outfits that supply you with your equipment and supplies... if you have a bad reputation the last thing they are going to want is to be associated with you...

        to the good guys out there i applaud you...

        i just can't believe so many people would be so whiny in such a public forum.. you think you are the only segment of society having economic troubles?
        i drink chocolate milkshakes

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Price shocked customers

          Originally posted by sewerratz View Post
          Huh? Where did i say i spent 30 years on the same root infested blockage? Where did you get that from?

          What i said is i have customers that have been using us for 30 years plus. I never said what they where using us for! Our steady customers use us for all their plumbing needs. And when it comes to power rodding they all really like our two year guarantee on power roddings.
          it was a joke, you silly goose !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Price shocked customers

            Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            Huh? Where did I say I spent 30 years on the same root infested blockage? Where did you get that from?

            What I said is I have customers that have been using us for 30 years plus. I never said what they where using us for! Our steady customers use us for all their plumbing needs. And when it comes to power rodding they all really like our Two Year Guarantee on power roddings.
            Not jumping on any one , but i do see 2 year guarantees when i go up to Chicago and look in the phone book out of boredom
            How does anyone do a 2 year guarantee on a sewer cleaning ron
            I would guarantee my own line or one i put in for a customer
            but a line shouldn't stop up unless the pipe or install has a problem , are roots grow fast down here
            I don't know how you do it , your lines are a lot deeper ?

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Price shocked customers

              Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
              Not jumping on any one , but i do see 2 year guarantees when i go up to Chicago and look in the phone book out of boredom
              How does anyone do a 2 year guarantee on a sewer cleaning ron
              I would guarantee my own line or one i put in for a customer
              but a line shouldn't stop up unless the pipe or install has a problem , are roots grow fast down here
              I don't know how you do it , your lines are a lot deeper ?
              They are out of business by that time.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Price shocked customers

                Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                Not jumping on any one , but i do see 2 year guarantees when i go up to Chicago and look in the phone book out of boredom
                How does anyone do a 2 year guarantee on a sewer cleaning ron
                I would guarantee my own line or one i put in for a customer
                but a line shouldn't stop up unless the pipe or install has a problem , are roots grow fast down here
                I don't know how you do it , your lines are a lot deeper ?
                Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                They are out of business by that time.
                We are not out of business and my father been giving a two year guarantee on all his power roddings for 50 years.

                The way he had it phrased back in the day was:
                "The above line is Guaranteed 1 free rodding if it blocks up within 2 years."
                The above was given the way he had it in the phone books and wrote it on all invoices up until the mid 80's. From when he started the company till the mid 80's he flat priced all his work.

                Then he met a union plumbing shop that hired him to do their drain cleanings for them, they introduced him to T&M billing. So we adopted a T&M billing where there is a Service Call, a Rod Charge, and Labor. So he rewrote the guarantee to read as follows:
                "The above line is Guaranteed 1 Labor free rodding if the above line blocks within 2 years."
                Now instead of making a trip completely for free he still got the service call and rod charge, the customer would not get charged any labor. This guarantee was only given to residential customers and never covered water closets. As for main sewers around here as long as you can get a 4" cutter though the sewers (97% of the sewers here are 6" clay) it will stay open for the two years. But by any chance it does not, we come out rerod the drain, and void the guarantee since we are giving them their 1 labor free rodding. If it clogged due to our error we normally will not void the guarantee.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                Ron's Facebook
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Price shocked customers

                  Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  We are not out of business and my father been giving a two year guarantee on all his power roddings for 50 years.

                  The way he had it phrased back in the day was:
                  "The above line is Guaranteed 1 free rodding if it blocks up within 2 years."
                  The above was given the way he had it in the phone books and wrote it on all invoices up until the mid 80's. From when he started the company till the mid 80's he flat priced all his work.

                  Then he met a union plumbing shop that hired him to do their drain cleanings for them, they introduced him to T&M billing. So we adopted a T&M billing where there is a Service Call, a Rod Charge, and Labor. So he rewrote the guarantee to read as follows:
                  "The above line is Guaranteed 1 Labor free rodding if the above line blocks within 2 years."
                  Now instead of making a trip completely for free he still got the service call and rod charge, the customer would not get charged any labor. This guarantee was only given to residential customers and never covered water closets. As for main sewers around here as long as you can get a 4" cutter though the sewers (97% of the sewers here are 6" clay) it will stay open for the two years. But by any chance it does not, we come out rerod the drain, and void the guarantee since we are giving them their 1 labor free rodding. If it clogged due to our error we normally will not void the guarantee.
                  I agree with you Ron the sewer should stay open for atleast 2 years. Unless abuse or maybe new root growth unseen outside the hub.
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                  Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Price shocked customers

                    we give a 1 year free, 1 time free cleaning no charge at all. i'm rethinking it though. to one year and they have to pay the svc call. we are flat rate.
                    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Price shocked customers

                      The 6" line would help
                      Clay is better than some of the old 4" lines we have around here
                      Clay, Cast, Orangeburg, & brittle thin wall pvc
                      Any thing new has to be sch 40 , for the last 20 years

                      2 years of white rats add up

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X