X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "white mice" i need an exterminator

had the pooperty owner with me today to snake a line that plugged up yesterday. owner knew of a cleanout buried in the front yard. i found it on my second probe

ran 76' of 7/8'' sectional to hit and clear the line. pulled back roots and white mice tennant was freaked out

i explaned to them that sanatary products are not flushable

glad the owner was there. 3'' roof vent would have added another 45' to an already tough 6'' stoppage.

hope my new cell phone takes a good picture. 2mp. this was on low res. and i can email right from the job to myself and the owner

rick.

not a bad catch in the 6'' line. i suggested a camera if i couldn't find the c/o.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-08-2010, 08:58 PM.
    phoebe it is

Re: "white mice" i need an exterminator

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    had the pooperty owner with me today to snake a line that plugged up yesterday. owner knew of a cleanout buried in the front yard. i found it on my second probe

ran 76' of 7/8'' sectional to hit and clear the line. pulled back roots and white mice tennant was freaked out

i explaned to them that sanatary products are not flushable

glad the owner was there. 3'' roof vent would have added another 45' to an already tough 6'' stoppage.

hope my new cell phone takes a good picture. 2mp. this was on low res. and i can email right from the job to myself and the owner

rick.
    Spelling challenged or intentional, it made me smile.

J.C.

Comment

Wow rick, that is a good idea to email a pic to the owner, I dont know how many times im on a job at a rental and the property owner is elsewhere and im on the phone trying to tell them what i pulled from the drain, I will be at the t mobil store to upgrade tomorrow.

Comment

you know that's intentional as the spell check would have caught it

remember "joey made me doo it"

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
          Wow rick, that is a good idea to email a pic to the owner, I dont know how many times im on a job at a rental and the property owner is elsewhere and im on the phone trying to tell them what i pulled from the drain, I will be at the t mobil store to upgrade tomorrow.
          honestly look into the "boost mobile" sanyo incognito phone. it runs on the cdma sprint network and it has every feature know to man. best yet it's unlimited everything and for $50. a month out the door. no taxes on that plan

too bad as i bought the last 2 in the entire country last week.

check with radio shack, best buy, walmart and i think target might get them in in april. the reviews were excellant. problem is the owners manual is 124 pages and i'm still learning to turn it on

i get my email on it and my blue tooth gps has the entire phone book on it with all the call data and voice recognition.

i've had boost now for close to a year and this is the sprint cdma network with 3g. not the slow nextel iden network.

great video too

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I recall you disliking Boost at the beginning. Better now? What changed?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Subject change:

Rick, You run a spiral rootsaw as a first pass cutter, I have thought about it but never tried it.

I use a C-cutter as a first attempt then will switch to the speciality cutters once I have an idea of what I'm dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                Subject change:

Rick, You run a spiral rootsaw as a first pass cutter, I have thought about it but never tried it.

I use a C-cutter as a first attempt then will switch to the speciality cutters once I have an idea of what I'm dealing with.

bill, i tried my 4''x 3'' pear cutter first and had too much resistance. at 75' out i was getting nowhere.

my 3'' spiral root say is very aggressive and i find that in forward it cuts and in reverse it grabs the roots. i have very good luck in reverse with heavy roots.

the majority of my problem sewers are done with a spiral root saw.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  I recall you disliking Boost at the beginning. Better now? What changed?

Thanks.

J.C.
                  i discovered that the boost iden/ nextel network was only using 1/2 of nextels towers.

this phone runs through the sprint cdma 3 g network and so far so good

now if i can only read up on the 124 page owners manual

the phone is not a heavy duty rugged phone like i'm use to. but the $14.95 2 year extended warranty should cover the first break down

lets see how i feel when i finally figure this phone out. so far i'm impressed and so are the others on the forums/ reviews.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks. Might be something for me to look into. I looked at Boost when it first came online but at the time I just kept reading about spotty coverage everywhere.

Can't have that.

If there coverage is good as AT&T & Verizon in my area, I might be getting nationwide service.

J.C.

Comment

Sending pictures to property owners. Is a great thing to do we have been doing this for a few years now. It's one thing to say OK it's cleared that will be $200 buck now they see what that clog was and how bad the abuse is. Many property owners thanked me for pic's.
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        Thanks. Might be something for me to look into. I looked at Boost when it first came online but at the time I just kept reading about spotty coverage everywhere.

Can't have that.

If there coverage is good as AT&T & Verizon in my area, I might be getting nationwide service.

J.C.
                        go to www.boostmobile.com and look at their coverage map. make sure you look at the cdma maps and not the iden/ nextel map.

the incognito is sold out everywhere, but read some of the reviews from others. alo the radio shack site can put you on a email list when they come in. they're the least expensive by far. ebay is approx $219. right now.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post
                          you know that's intentional as the spell check would have caught it

remember "joey made me poo it":d

rick.

We'll remember.
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Rick
                            What brand spiral root saw is that? It looks to "beefy" to be a ridgid.

Comment

Working...
                            X