X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Dura cable machines arrived today

Have not had a chance to use either of them yet but i will give you my first thoughts on the machines,
    Over all a well built machine, they did a good job on the packaging and shipping, easy to assemble/change drums, and quiet the cable for the dm 175 does not have the end welded to the cable they use locktite to attatch them, they say its as good as a weld (Not so sure I like that but well see) the sink machine dm125 is a real light machine weighs only 27 lbs with a cable and im used to luggung around a sink machine that weighs 50 lbs both of the cables had a tag on them that said to break in cable run down a clean line for 20 minutes to releive stress from cable being coiled from manufacturing. Ive never done this before on a cable has any one else ??
    Wuill post more after i get a chance to auctually use the machines.

Re: The new Dura cable machines arrived today

how about a few pics before they get all dirty and pooed up?

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
      Have not had a chance to use either of them yet but i will give you my first thoughts on the machines,
      Over all a well built machine, they did a good job on the packaging and shipping, easy to assemble/change drums, and quiet the cable for the dm 175 does not have the end welded to the cable they use locktite to attatch them, they say its as good as a weld (Not so sure I like that but well see) the sink machine dm125 is a real light machine weighs only 27 lbs with a cable and im used to luggung around a sink machine that weighs 50 lbs both of the cables had a tag on them that said to break in cable run down a clean line for 20 minutes to releive stress from cable being coiled from manufacturing. Ive never done this before on a cable has any one else ??
      Wuill post more after i get a chance to auctually use the machines.
      Locktite / JB Weld

Nooooo Waaaay would I put a cable down a drain that is not welded

No telling what kind of acidic chemicals your cables come into contact with and what reactions will take place in a chemical bond

Comment

I use locktite, never had a problem.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

RhinoRooter you well be happy with your new toys.
          Heres my DM-55 one year no problems But the cables using Drain cables direct not one issue. Unit is very well built.
          Attached Files
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
            I use locktite, never had a problem.
            i use to weld the coupler on, then i stopped and never had 1 come off. plus i regularly used the machine in forward and reverse.

the key was a new coupler and a clean cut with a cut off grinder. there is no way a spring is unscrewing without a wrench and vice grips. the cable would bite into the coupler and gall it.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Learn something new everyday

Comment

Well heres the report on the new machines, got a chance to use them both yesterday, the small sink machine i really like it is small light and easy to maneuver, i was a little concerned with the 1/6 hp motor being to small but no problems, the machine is built so you can stand it on end or lay it flat, the machine is very well built, the bigger main line machine is also built very well and it too has a set of leg you put on so you can lay it on its back for overhead c/o and it also came with a loading wheel that makes it allot easier to load in my truck and the built in tool box is pretty nice too also it has stair climbers that are great, the only thing im not sure about is both machines are ran with an air foot pedal so im not sure how doing laterals from the roof will work ,i need to find a super long hose for the foot pedal, my old machine was electric pedal so i could just hook an extension chord up to the pedal and take it on the roof with me, as for the cables on the machines, they both made it through the first job without breaking..so only time will tell but so far i see no problems with them.
                Attached Files

Comment

Since we are on the subject. I have the DM150 and I went to use it last Friday and for some reason it wouldn't work. It will spin but with no torque at all. I was holding the cable and pressed the foot pedal and it wouldn't spin. I put the cable back in the drum and pressed the foot pedal and it would spin but with no power, i could stop it with my hand.

Do any of you guys know what is wrong and how to fix it?

Comment

Is there a clutch on the drum that connects it to the motor?

Sounds similar to what will happen on the Spartan 100 if the drum clutch is not properly engaged.

I'm no expert though.

Perhaps one of the AJ Coleman fellows can shed some light?

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                      Is there a clutch on the drum that connects it to the motor?

Sounds similar to what will happen on the Spartan 100 if the drum clutch is not properly engaged.

I'm no expert though.

Perhaps one of the AJ Coleman fellows can shed some light?
                      I just checked it and the drum is a little bit wobbly, I didn't notice that before, that must be it.

Comment

hey Dan L.

When i worked for R.R. We had the same problem with the inline gfi

cut it off and install a new male plug
                        this will correct the problem !

Get your own plug in gfi to use
                        Last edited by JERRYMAC; 03-12-2010, 12:01 AM.
                        JERRYMAC
                        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Well here is my final revue on the dura cable equiptment i ordered, The Machines are Great I like everything about them, The cables on the other hand I was not impressed at all, the 1/4 inch cable kinked on the second job i was on, and i wasnt even pushing very hard, The 11/16 cable lasted through 4 sewer lines and it kinked while cutting out roots (Been using cables from coast Mfg for years and they usually last me 6 month before they go limp and I clean allot of sewers) So I called Dura cable and told them what I thought of their cables and told the guy at dura cabl to get on the internet and read what others are saying about thier cables....He called me back 30 minutes later and he said i talked to my boss and we are going to send you out 2 replacement cables at no charge as long as i give them another try, so as soon as they arrive i will give them another try, Hopefully they last lopnger than the first 2.

Comment

Great machines. Krappy Crappy Krap Crap cables.
                            Rod
                            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                            http://unclognh.com
                            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

First off, Duracable SUCKS
                              And why woulod anyone use an open drum machine?
                              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X