Root season has arrived...I think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Root season has arrived...I think

Only 1 root related sewer job in the last few weeks, now 3 nasty ones already this week. Seems earlier than past years but we had a quick thaw in Chicago this year. Today was over 50 degrees. I actually got to work in just a t shirt like you boys in CA and down South! Nice to leave the jacket and hoodie in the truck for a change.

How about you guys? Any increase in the root calls yet or perhaps just a fluke for me this week?

I'm not complaining either way.

Happy Fishing

-Chris
    Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 03-11-2010, 07:44 AM.

Re: Root season has arrived...I think

We got one root call today, my dad sent my brother since for some reason I am still under the weather. Saw the doc today he is starting me on some antibiotics.

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
    Only 1 root related sewer job in the last few weeks, now 3 nasty ones already this week. Seems earlier than past years but we had a quick thaw in Chicago this year. Today was over 50 degrees. I actually got to work in just a t shirt like you boys in! Nice to leave the jacket and hoodie in the truck for a change.

How about you guys? Any increase in the root calls yet or perhaps just a fluke for me this week?

I'm not complaining either way.

Happy Fishing

-Chris
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Ron this stuff hangs I have had it since last Friday, now it doesn't have me bed ridden just weak and stuffed up but I never stay sick this long.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

My wife has the bug now. I had it last month.

Hope you guys feel better soon!

Comment

Are root season is in the fall, but we get steady root calls every week
          Glad to see you guys got some better weather
          I dont miss living in the Chicago suburbs
          Had the air on in the van today

Comment

Roots have been real slow here. I'm hoping for a drought. That should get 'em going
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Roots here start in July fall it goes bonkers. Still get some root growth in the winter. Weird weather this winter. We have some real odd balls to.

I can tell spring is near when this guy comes out. With a microphone and kicks out rhymes and dances on the corner as cars drive by.
              This guy is way out there had to take a drive by picture.
              Just missed him do a kick move by a second or two

I just found him on youtubeEverything really is on Youtube
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkCmx3TNO4c
              <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HkCmx3TNO4c...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HkCmx3TNO4c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
              Attached Files
              Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-10-2010, 07:58 PM.
              Rod
              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
              http://unclognh.com
              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I've been getting nothing but these root intrusion calls. Some have ended up being dig jobs.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

roots are traditionally early spring and fall. apparently they didn't tell my customers that, since i get calls year round for roots.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

year round here but we have a longer growing season that socal

steve
                    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

ours has kicked off already, we've had 4 so far this week. The city main on my block backed up last week, this is my second spring here, and for the second year in a row the manhole in front of my house started bubbling over.
                      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

We really did not have a winter. Thinking a longer root season this year
                        Rod
                        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                        http://unclognh.com
                        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I had a tree guy (I think they are called arborist) Tell me that roots are deep enough in the ground that they grow all year and do most of the growth in the winter months because the tree is not putting any energy into leaves and branches, he also told me that the root system of a tree (in the wild) will grow out as far as the drip line or canopy that is above ground and in the cities where there is asphalt/concrete that cover their water supply they will go 3 times that far to seek water. Makes sense But i know i cut out roots all year here and we have all four seasons most years.

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
                            I had a tree guy (I think they are called arborist) Tell me that roots are deep enough in the ground that they grow all year and do most of the growth in the winter months because the tree is not putting any energy into leaves and branches, he also told me that the root system of a tree (in the wild) will grow out as far as the drip line or canopy that is above ground and in the cities where there is asphalt/concrete that cover their water supply they will go 3 times that far to seek water. Makes sense But i know i cut out roots all year here and we have all four seasons most years.

Thats how I understand it. Once the top of the tree goes dormant, the roots below the frost line become more active in seeking nourishment.

I've also been told that the root system can be up to twice the size of the canopy. I never heard anything about asphalt/concrete factoring into this, but it makes perfect sense.
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We also get smatterings of root calls all year, but we seem to have a big run of them in the Spring (usually beginning of April) and then again Sept.-Oct

Comment

Working...
                              X