Eel Model N Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eel Model N Purchase

I really hope it kick this bug soon. Mine went for near 7 days before I started to feel better.

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
    It's still kicking my butt antibiotiotics for 4 days now this bug does not want to give up with out a fight.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Ron, as small of a machine as that is and the5/8 by 5/6 innercore. you would use that in 4"? maybe for really soft stopages. personally anything over 2 inch gets the 7/8 cable. no need to get it suck in a root.
      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
        Let us know what the clear out price ends up on the k39-af's I see them at HD all the time returned by home owners for $150.
        I would call over to Allan J Coleman and talk to Kirk, Shane, or Marvin about pricing. As for the home Cheapo returns, the ones I have seen where returned for a good reason, home owner kinked up the cable or some other type of damage. Heck I seen one that looked like the home owner took a blow torch to the drum, and the store was still trying to get full price for it at the time.
        Ron's Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
          Ron, as small of a machine as that is and the5/8 by 5/6 innercore. you would use that in 4"? maybe for really soft stopages. personally anything over 2 inch gets the 7/8 cable. no need to get it suck in a root.
          Someone (hint hint Ridgid ) needs to make a drum style adapter for the K-50 and K-60. I'm not talking crazy footage or anything, say 60' of 5/8" cable or 45' of 7/8" cable. Small enough that releasing the clutch will stop the drum relatively quickly.

I'm envisioning a plastic drum (like the K6200 drum) mounted on a lightweight stand that clips onto the back of the machine like the guide hose. If plastic is light enough, then maybe a similar effect of the K-50 with 3/8" drum adapter could be achieved. Imagine a Gorlitz with the power drive on the front and using a clutch instead of an air switch.

This would, in theory,. give you the open wound augering cable with good flexibility, the ability to use only the # of sections you need for each job (thus maximizing power over 100' in a large drum) and clutch. I think that the drum would not stop as quickly as the K-50 drum adapters do because of the weight though.

I'm not an engineer though so maybe I'm just dreaming
          Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 03-12-2010, 04:54 PM. Reason: i'm tired. i forgot to type the rest!

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
            I'm not an engineer though so maybe I'm just dreaming
            the whole advantage of the sectional is the fact that there is no over run of the cable. i doubt that could be accomplished with the drum style like the eel uses.

i have no problem managing my cables with the k-60, but then again i don't do lots of interior work with it like i do outside work

dreaming

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              the whole advantage of the sectional is the fact that there is no over run of the cable. i doubt that could be accomplished with the drum style like the eel uses.

i have no problem managing my cables with the k-60, but then again i don't do lots of interior work with it like i do outside work
              I've started doing more inside residential work and more as I get into new suburbs (60's-80's) that don't have catch basins and have lots of roots.

Rodding in finished basements is what brought me to Sewermatic 100 that I picked up used. It's a lot like a Ridgid 6200 or Spartan 300 except that it's belt driven. 3/4hp motor, but NO inner drum . It also breaks down sort of like the Spartan 2001. Drum comes off on the dolly leaving the frame, autofeed and motor. Compact, very light for a drum, CLEAN, and very powerful.

I run my 1500 outside with 1-2 sections behind the machine all the time. Saves time, so that's what got me thinking about how to be able to do that inside and also save the mess.

I imagined 3-4 pre loaded smaller drums that could be carried in a magazine or on a dolly and loaded and disconnected as you go. Basically same principal as the sectional, but containing the cables in closed carriers and cutting down on the stopping to connect/disconnect. Heck, you could even use 1 drum and load sections manually as you go from the standard carriers.

Seemed like a compromise to gain a a clutch (though not necessarily instant), open wind augering cable and higher RPMs than a drum (but not as high as a regular K-60). I'd be very happy with 400rpm. The general Root 66 is rated for 400rpm and that machine seems proven to cut roots (based on the name alone if nothing else).

There just has to be a way to apply the eel model N concept mixed with the K-50 drum adapter concept to make a drain cleaning dream machine. C'mon Ridgid engineering team! I would like a big pat on the back if this type of machine ever becomes a reality

Have a good weekend guys. I'm turning my computer off until sunday
              night.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

dreaming

rick.
                Drain problem here, almost always old CI and never, ever an outside cleanout.

Maybe 2% basements. And none of those outside wall cleanouts like I've seen you post.

J.C.

Comment

I have 2 model N's but they have 50' of 1/2 cable in them. They were only used for kitchen sink lines and floor drains. I haven't used either in a few years. I probably should sell them. Personally I like the Spartan 100 better.

Comment

I'm 34 years old my dad has been running model n's since 1974 so i grew up with them its my most favorite machine ever we use it on roofs stacks, k/s lav drains even in tubs sometimes the model n to me is like the k 60 to rick. I make more money with my model n than any other tool in my truck but remember its not for mainlines that is what my 1hp model c is for i also have the new ct its awesome too i like it because the autofeed is at the drum instead of at the end of the whip

Comment

Need a new sink machine myself. Was almost sold on the Duracable
                      but Eel has a nice one with auto feed now 3/8x50 is plenty for this area. Have to call them up Monday
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Need a new sink machine myself. Was almost sold on the Duracable
                        but Eel has a nice one with auto feed now 3/8x50 is plenty for this area. Have to call them up Monday
                        Call them, then call Allan J Coleman see if they can beat the price.
                        Ron's Facebook

Comment

Will do calling Monday. Looks like Eel has a few new machine's
                          Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Will do calling Monday. Looks like Eel has a few new machine's
                            What I find odd is the model you posted is the Model E-AF which is considered their rental units. The Model E Pro does not have the feed. I like the Pro for the more enclosed drum, I would ask them if the Pro Model E comes with a feed option at all.
                            Ron's Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                              What I find odd is the model you posted is the Model E-AF which is considered their rental units. The Model E Pro does not have the feed. I like the Pro for the more enclosed drum, I would ask them if the Pro Model E comes with a feed option at all.
                              That was the main question I have for them about the closed drum.
                              If it does not I'll be suprised. If not lean back towards the duracable one.
                              Rod

Comment

That was the main question I have for them about the closed drum.
                                If it does not I'll be suprised. If not lean back towards the duracable one.
                                What I like about the Model N with the Dualmatic cable is it self feeds into the pipe on forward, and self feeds out of the pipe in reverse. Yes I still have to pull and push the cable in and out of the drum but I am cool with that as long as it go's in and out with ease.
                                Ron's Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X