X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eel Model N Purchase

There was post to the guys that like to use a mortar tray to store the K-50's 5/8 cables and have them all attached so they can run them into a drain without having to take them apart and put them back together. http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31450 In this post I said why not get an Eel Model N it hold 75' of 5/8 sectional cables in 5' sections, and sores them neatly in a drum.

Well I went to Allan J Coleman's and picked one up. I will post some pics later since my phone takes bad night pics. I was at my mom and dad's place showing the machine off to my father. As we where talking about it my mom pointed out the lav sink in the back bathroom was clogged. So we got to break in the new machine right there and then. It was sweet. I was self feeding like the Model C cables, so running it on forward it fed itself right into the drain. It made 3 short 90ยบ turns within the first 2 feet hit the blockage about 15' out tore right through it with ease. So stay tuned for pictures of the machine and cables.

While I was at Allan J Coleman's talking to Kirk, he informed me they are discounting the K-39-AF's to clear them out so they can make way for the new K-45's. I more than likely will be picking one up since the old man wants to get a new truck up and running so he can get out and start working again.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Eel Model N Purchase

Let us know what the clear out price ends up on the k39-af's I see them at HD all the time returned by home owners for $150.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

will the 5/8 open ridged cable fit/ work?
      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I will talk to Kirk in the morning and see what he says.
        Originally posted by Cuda View Post
        Let us know what the clear out price ends up on the k39-af's I see them at HD all the time returned by home owners for $150.
        Eel 5/8 cable is a bit different than the Ridgid when it comes to joining, instead of a spring loaded pin it uses a threaded pin that uses an allan wrench to lock the cables together. I guess you could use the Ridgid cable, as long as you can make some sort of an adapter to anchor it in. I will be sure to take pictures of how it is anchored in the unit and how the cables join together.
        Originally posted by Jerad View Post
        will the 5/8 open ridged cable fit/ work?

Comment

I am looking forward to the pictures.
          what is the line capacity on the model N?

Comment

75 feet of 5/8

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
              75 feet of 5/8
              what about line size 4"?

Comment

3 at most. but it is really made for 1.25 to 2. no roots just inside the house. sinks, floor drains, etc.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Thanks RON Can not wait to see the pics!

What did the machine cost you?

So it realy does "self feed" into the drain like the model c. I wonder if that is good or bad?

Comment

I have run a model n over 20 years
                      You could fit in 75 ft but i keep 50 on it
                      If a go through a vent and need more cable i keep 25ft of extra cable that i drop down the vent and attach
                      the 5/8 dualmatic cable will go through tubs and wash p trap with no problem ..like ron said once its in the line it feeds it self
                      I dont like to get it in a 4" line ..but i have when i have the com pulled up and have no other way to clear that section of pipe without going under the house
                      Its clean and easy to carry

Comment

You can rod 1 1/4 to 3" lines with the 5/8" cable, you could also get a drum with tight wound 1/2" cable. The 5/8 drum holds 75' I do like Delcase I keep 50' in the drum and I have a cable carrer with another 50' for them once in a blue moon long runs. The drum can hold 100' of 1/2" cable.

Comment

I would be m ore interestedif I could do up to 4" with it. I noticed the 3" I do 4" interior lines with 1/2"IW frequently now, but I prefer the Ridgid sectional cables. I like the pin lock head attachments for the Ridgid 5/8" open wind and 1/2" IW a LOT!! So perhaps an adapter could be made so that you could use Ridgid C-9 or Rothenberger 5/8 IC?

I think that you could probably take a 5/8" R adapter and modify it create an anchor for the drum??

Looking forward to seeing the pics Ron

I take it you knocked out that bug that you had?

I still love my K-50
                          Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 03-12-2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                            I would be m ore interestedif I could do up to 4" with it. I noticed the 3" I do 4" interior lines with 1/2"IW frequently now, but I prefer the Ridgid sectional cables. I like the pin lock head attachments for the Ridgid 5/8" open wind and 1/2" IW a LOT!! So perhaps an adapter could be made so that you could use Ridgid C-9 or Rothenberger 5/8 IC?

I think that you could probably take a 5/8" R adapter and modify it create an anchor for the drum??

Looking forward to seeing the pics Ron

I take it you knocked out that bug that you had?

I still love my K-50
                            The bug is finally on the way out. Thank god.

I will get pictures today and post them up. I do like how these cables join, no worrying about them coming apart. I know they say 3" but these cables seem stiffer than the Ridgid ones I feel these can do 4" lines. I will be able to tell you more after I use it more.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                              The bug is finally on the way out. Thank god.

I will get pictures today and post them up. I do like how these cables join, no worrying about them coming apart. I know they say 3" but these cables seem stiffer than the Ridgid ones I feel these can do 4" lines. I will be able to tell you more after I use it more.
                              It's still kicking my butt antibiotiotics for 4 days now this bug does not want to give up with out a fight.
                              Rod
                              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                              http://unclognh.com
                              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                              X