Ridgid Connect, I like it.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Connect, I like it.......

My operations manager, Doug came into my office looking all flustered on Friday trying to find some blank DVD's to make a couple of copies for a major job we finished recording then he had to drive all over town to deliver them. I remembered the Ridgid Connect system we have just started using so I stuck his disc into my PC, uploaded the half hour presentation and sent it to the clients e-mail addresses. It was that simple! Doug is 'old school' and didn't really understand what was going on.

Our customer was extremely impressed, jobs worth $150k and I believe the professional way we delivered it to them will pull it over the line!

I thought Ridgid Connect was expensive at first but now I'm convinced it's great value and very easy to use. Looking forward to showing it off to more customers soon!

Bill
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

Re: Ridgid Connect, I like it.......

Has anyone else used it?
    How do you rate it?
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Bill, just as your story shows, those who use it can really see the benefits of it right away. There's a lot of value in that.

I've been a user since it's infancy and ALL my customers love it. Some of my regulars are even requesting that I just send them the Job Report on RC and stop bothering with mailing the DVD's.

Even if I'm not doing sewer videos I take pictures of jobs where the customer isn't on-site to keep them in touch with progress. It gives them comfort knowing that things are being done that that can't see. They REALLY like that. Most people have some anxiety about the quality of work being performed when they arn't there to oversee it.

Definately easy to use and I like that you can customise it to your company's needs. No one else is offering anything like this right now and it gives me a leg up over the competition

If anyone is on the fence and wants to talk to an End User, go ahead and PM me.

Bill

Comment

Here's what I've already been doing before RC. I have customers email and have been able too and have sent them pics of jobs for a while. No video as I have not had a camera. But I can do that too.

So I can send them pics, videos, invoices, and reports without the service. And I can store it for myself and "out there" if necessary.

Are there other uses that I'm missing out on that could benefit my small business?

Seriously. I hope I'm being analytical and not critical.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Here's what I've already been doing before RC. I have customers email and have been able too and have sent them pics of jobs for a while. No video as I have not had a camera. But I can do that too.

So I can send them pics, videos, invoices, and reports without the service. And I can store it for myself and "out there" if necessary.

Are there other uses that I'm missing out on that could benefit my small business?

Seriously. I hope I'm being analytical and not critical.

Thanks.

J.C.

Good points,

I was using RIDGIDConnect and then I stopped and then started again to only stop again.

It wasn't that RIDGIDConnect was bad or anything. It's just I was a google doc guy before it came out and then tried RIDGIDConnect twice, but I guess I am "set in my ways" as you could say ....so I went back to google.

Its just that GOOGLE now allows you too share files, docs , pretty much anything you want from one email address to another,

So I can upload pictures, video, etc and then just select "share" and enter a email or many and google's system will then send an email to all parties and they can get the access,

Google also allows you to set it as view only or even editable.

They give you a bunch of space for free and then if you need more its super super cheap.

Just my experience , I did like the job the RIDGID team did on the software though, BUT its just easier for me to use google as its in my email anyhow.

Here is what I mean (visual aids )

Attached Files

Comment

So far the two customers I have used it with love it. I should use it more often. The main customer I use it for is a restaurant and I have to report two three people. So this makes doing that so much quicker and easer.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              So far the two customers I have used it with love it. I should use it more often. The main customer I use it for is a restaurant and I have to report two three people. So this makes doing that so much quicker and easer.

Ya, Its a real nice program like i was saying, I am just to ole school , but its awesome to hear that you like it man !!

How many job reports have you done so far with it?

Comment

Be sure to read Al Levi's article on why you need to seriously look at new business tools in this month's Reeve's Journal.

http://www.reevesjournal.com/Article...00000000796078

Comment

Bill
                  I have been messing around with ridgid connect for a few weeks now.
                  I reckon it will be the way to go to post reports but technology will pass it by before it gets used by a lot of plumbers.
                  Also some plumbers will baulk at the cost.
                  I reckon ridgid should do it for knicks and once the uptake is good then start charging then.
                  Cheers
                  Greg
                  Ballarat Drain Cleaning

Comment

Greg

You can only start using it and see the response you get from your customers. We have only had posative feedback. Technology moves forward very quickly and changes every day. Ridgid is not always first with the latest technology because they take time to listen to what the customers want, then they take their time testing the product until they are 100% satisfied with the outcome.

The iPhone has turned our business around with instant access to video and photos from the job site directly to the office or client. We call it the 'Money Shot'. Customers pay more when they see what is happening if they can't be on site. Before and after shots are easy when you have a camera everywhere you go!

I believe that next year 'smart drain cameras' will be available that can process a digital video recording in a high quality compressed format and send the recording to the e-mail address typed into the camera itself. That may be directly to Ridgid Connect or the client. We should be able to send a 15 min presentation inside 2mb using wireless technology within the camera. Maybe the cameras will have a sim card slot as well as a cf and USB slot too, why not?! The price of data transfer is cheap and suppliers are reducing the cost every month thanks to competition.
                    Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                      Ya, Its a real nice program like i was saying, I am just to ole school , but its awesome to hear that you like it man !!

How many job reports have you done so far with it?
                      I have done a dozen or so jobs with it. Like I said I should do more.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      Ron's Facebook
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Bill
                        your right on the money it wont be long before cameras will be able to to do whole shabang.
                        Cheers
                        Greg
                        Ballarat Drain Cleaning

Comment

Working...
                        X