Help Please!!! K-380 Cable Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please!!! K-380 Cable Problem

I am unable to return the last 30 ft into the drum of the K-380 Machine. It appears that the cable is jammed and bent around the sleeve the cable goes through when leaving the machine. Can't pull it out or push it back in. What now??? Only have used the machine half a dozen times over a two year peroid. Is this covered under warranty?? Suggestions please.

Re: Help Please!!! K-380 Cable Problem

sounds like you flipped your cable in the drum. If that's the case thats operator error and not coverd by warrantee.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

disassemble it, lay the cable out and untangle it, inspect it and replace if it's trashed.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. That's what I was afraid of. How do you remove the cable??? Instructions are a little vague, do you need to remove the drum to remove the cable??? Thanks again for your help.

Comment

You should be able to pull the locking pin out then open the bracket, you should be able to pull off the drum from there. There should be a couple of bolts on the back where the cable is connected to the drum. Remove those bolts. Be really careful if it's bound up tight it might whack you once you have it loose. Trust me that hurts like a son of gun.

Comment

usually when it loops in the drum we cut the cable with a bolt cutter to get it out. this machine does not have a inner drum and the cable looping is a common problem. ridge makes a good machine a k-3800 that has a inner drum it costs about double the price but you will save a lot on cables. when you buy the best you are only sorry once MARVIN

Comment

The k -380 is a homeowner grade machine. There are still a lot of pros that use them. That being said. I would suggest going to a " pro " model like the k-3800 or the spartan 100

Comment

Thanks again for thr help, greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X