X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gloves

Good 6 mil Ansul Rubber gloves (100 per box for $8 from my welding supply shop) with cheap-o leather palm gloves.

The good gloves do last but they end up smelling like death long before they wear so I toss them thus the use of cheap gloves

Comment

I can't keep track of gloves.

Most leather gloves do ok and have enough slip to be safe.

I've also use rubber but you better watch yourself. If they get dry and you get down on the cable it will grab you.

Little dishwashing liquid on the cable hand helps.

I'm only talking sectional. I'd be a little worried using rubber gloves with a drum. Probably a rivet mitt or glove and/or leather only.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by leak1 View Post
        i use lether gloves from harbor frt., i buy them a dozen at a time. thereabout 1.50 a pair.
        careful with those red and black ones. the dye will bleed when wet and your hands will become black. wear the rubber liners under them

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I paid .68 cents per pair of leather palm gloves last week.
          got 50 pair. I have also used the harbor freight ones. Had one rip apart the first time I put it on

Comment

How come the Ridgid drum machines come with gloves but the sectionals don't?

I would think it should be the other way around???

... Is this why the drum guys say they are better then the sectionals???
            Last edited by OkieBill; 03-16-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

There was a guy at the pumper show selling gloves. I bought a dozen of his Kevlar sewn gloves, used them on a dozen rod jobs and they are still like new, other than the grease on them. http://www.gloves4you.com/catalog_i8...l?catId=323141
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

RAT----- that is 42.00 per dozen ?

Comment

Originally posted by leak1 View Post
                  RAT----- that is 42.00 per dozen ?
                  Yep it is but if the glove outlasts my ugly gloves 3 times longer it well worth it. You can give him a call he will send you a pair as a free sample. Just tell him you want the Tuf-Glove.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Thanks for the glove info & links. Ive used welding gloves before with the drum machines, but since I got the steel mits with the k-60, I use those. Just curious why some of you dont like them. either way, I think I'll expand my horizons and try the yellow snake handlers & grappler gloves from draincables direct. they have a quantity discount 15% for 1 or more. if the yellow ones heat up too much, I can always use the right side if the girlfriend gets naughty and needs a little spanky

Comment

I usually wear latex with leather gloves. Used to wear something similar to the ugly gloves, but it seems that I can't feel the cable as well with the ugly gloves.

Comment

One white one !
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I really like the ugly gloves long cuff for the following:
                          (1) Chemical resistant.
                          (2) Safetly grounds a man from electrical hazzard.
                          (3) Blood borne pathages safety, with all the kind of potential
                          diseases, why would you not protect yourself.
                          (4) Latex gloves inserted inside for added protection.
                          (5) Safety glasses protection of eyes, additional porto of entry
                          for unknow diseases.
                          (6) Part of an IIPP (injury illness protection program).
                          (7) Responsibility, complience, communication, hazzardous assement,
                          hazzardous correction, acciddental investigation, education and
                          training, and record keeping.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
                            I guess I'll be different...
                            I never likes wearing wet leather gloves even when the water was clean!

latex gloves inside ugly gloves work for me...

I wear "C" style with no issues. When noy using your gloves, place a piece of 2" pvc inside so it can air out and not be soaking wet the next time you use it.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by bdp View Post
                              just looking for some feedback on what type of gloves are preferred. I currently use the pair that came with my k-60 kit, which has steel imbedded in the glove, but I need to get replacements
                              Just from reading all reaplys and info + all the links you guys gave I now know wear to get my gloves thanks all and I didnt even post this Thanks again
                              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                                Dan try these grappler golves from draincables direct. I have used Ugly gloves rubber gloves and leather gloves. These work the best and won't get cought in the cables and last a long time.
                                http://www.draincables.com/ProductDe...ductCode=GL104

I wonder how these would compare ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Large-Fleece-Lin...item53def6c864
                                Last edited by AssTyme; 03-25-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X