gloves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gloves

just looking for some feedback on what type of gloves are preferred. I currently use the pair that came with my k-60 kit, which has steel imbedded in the glove, but I need to get replacements

Re: gloves

I use welding gloves when running my sewer machine they are thick reasonable and last
    rubber gloves on my small machine

Comment

never liked the steel mitts.

i buy the cheep leather gloves $1.00-1.50 a pair. get a handful of uses then shred them. i wear nitrile liners under them.

lately i've been wearing the thicker, longer cuff welding gloves and having good results.

i tend to wear out the left cable glove and not wear out the right.

anyone want to swap right for left gloves

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

GLOVES ! GLOVES ? ? ?

WHO USES GLOVES ?

BUT REALLY I ALSO PREFER THE WELDER GLOVES WHEN

I CAN GET THEM THEY ARE VERY GOOD FOR RUNNING

11/16" AND 3/4" CABLES THEY KEEP THE CABLE SLAP

AWAY FROM YOUR WRISTS

BUT I USUALLY JUST USE COMMON WORK GLOVES

EXCEPT ON 1/4" AND 5/16" CABLE I NEED TO FEEL THE

CABLE AND WHATS IT DOING
        JERRYMAC
        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I use grappler cloves from drain cablesdirect. Here is a link to their page.
          http://www.draincables.com/ProductDe...ductCode=GL104

They cost more than normal gloves but last along time and hold up well.
          the chepo gloves for $2 two or $3 bucks will cost more in the long run.
          Two pair have lasted over a year. Where with chepo gloves would have used 20 -30 pairs
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I don't have the glove situation dialed in yet. The cheapo leather I can get in xxxl from Grainger so its easy to put on with nitrile gloves but I've had them get caught in the open wound cable twice now. No injury but just a matter of time. Tried the metal embedded mitt that came with the k-60 and I kinda like it, not perfect but not getting wound up in a cable puts me at ease. I need to try the welding gloves. Can buy the left handed mitt only thats a plus.

wookie

Comment

Best pair I ever used someone bought for me at a gas station as joke. They lasted about a year with constant use on my 300.I couldn't find them after that. If I do find em I'll be sure to buy a box and share the make with u guys.

Comment

latex examination gloves on first then the leather work gloves in the 3/$10 or 4/$10 packaging. they tend to get too nasty before they get worn out. grease is the ultimate death. i keep a pair in the 7/8 cable stuff buckry and a pair in the 5/8 cable stuff bucket and a spare pair lying loose in case one of the others gets saturated.

i may get a couple of months if i'm lucky. just part of the cost of doing business

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I guess I'll be different...
                  I never likes wearing wet leather gloves even when the water was clean!

latex gloves inside ugly gloves work for me...

411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

The ugly gloves been serving me well for the last couple years as well.
                    Originally posted by Redwood View Post

latex gloves inside ugly gloves work for me...

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post

latex gloves inside ugly gloves work for me..

That is what I all ways use as well. I have got them caught in the cable once making me twirl and the other just pinching my finger pretty good. I found out it's better to wear them tight as possible for a better feel and to prevent them from getting caught in the cable.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                        That is what I all ways use as well. I have got them caught in the cable once making me twirl and the other just pinching my finger pretty good. I found out it's better to wear them tight as possible for a better feel and to prevent them from getting caught in the cable.
                        Dan try these grappler golves from draincables direct. I have used Ugly gloves rubber gloves and leather gloves. These work the best and won't get cought in the cables and last a long time.
                        http://www.draincables.com/ProductDe...ductCode=GL104
                        Rod
                        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                        http://unclognh.com
                        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

i tried the yellow ugly gloves for the k-60, but the cable speed is too fast and the gloves heat up too much.

i've gone through many cases of the yellow gloves with the 7500.

i introduced j.m. mckinney to the yellow gloves and hate to think how many thousands they've sold over the years

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

i use lether gloves from harbor frt., i buy them a dozen at a time. thereabout 1.50 a pair.

Comment

I use the cheap leather palm gloves also.
                              welding gloves only on root infested lines.
                              Does any one else wash there leather palm gloves? or is this just me being cheap?

Comment

Working...
                              X