X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummmm, what's going on here?

So I ordered a new cable for my K-400 (3/8" x 75' IW cable)

Went to the supply house and this is the cable that came in

--An Inner core cable is way to stiff for what I use it for but something did not feel right right with this cable so I gave it a bend to see the Inner Core Nothing... and the bend decided to stay since the cable did not have a core to tighten against.

This cable is supposed to have an inner core right????

C-32ic

This is a ic cable not a iw it has a core they will work and are more flexible, especally at the head. Tney are used in the k3800 and were in the k375 marvin

Comment

Re: Ummmm, what's going on here?

Marvin, Their was not an Inner Core in this cable right out of the box

I have never seen a mistake like this...

Comment

Re:finding the core

The core is uaually found at the back it will float in the ic cables there is less core then cable. Look to the back. The iw cable is coiled tight over the core and does not float. The ic cable is short of core to keep it from jaming when it goes back in the machine. We had some 1/2 ic cables the had too much core and had trouble geting the last 10 ft in the machine so we would cut the back and take a few feet of core out marvin

Comment

This cable does not have a core...

That was the point of this post

Comment

Renee???!!!!

All challenges are opportunity if you look at them the right way.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Re: finding the core

Originally posted by rod man View Post
              The core is uaually found at the back it will float in the ic cables there is less core then cable. Look to the back. The iw cable is coiled tight over the core and does not float. The ic cable is short of core to keep it from jaming when it goes back in the machine. We had some 1/2 ic cables the had too much core and had trouble geting the last 10 ft in the machine so we would cut the back and take a few feet of core out marvin
              I went back to the supply house and pulled the cable to find the inner core.

It does have one It is just about 8' back from the end of the cable.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                I went back to the supply house and pulled the cable to find the inner core.

It does have one It is just about 8' back from the end of the cable.
                Awesome!!!!

So many of these internet punks(Some are even friends) would never admit to that.
                A new level of integrity
                Thanks Bill.

Comment

8 feet short

The core is always shorter but 8 ft is too much, 2 or 3 ft is common. Marvin

Comment

Re: 8 feet short

Originally posted by rod man View Post
                    The core is always shorter but 8 ft is too much, 2 or 3 ft is common. Marvin
                    I was kinda thinking the same thing. Looking closely at the inner core since it's diamenter is so much smaller then the outer cable how much good does it really do for the cable overall?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Awesome!!!!

So many of these internet punks(Some are even friends) would never admit to that.
                      A new level of integrity
                      Thanks Bill.

Haaa, I'm wrong all the time but try to tell the good along with the bad anyway...

Comment

ive been wrong to

it common even i have been wrong. once i thought i was mistaken but i was not MARVIN

Comment

Re: Ummmm, what's going on here? CNN LIVE AT 5

Originally posted by ace sewer View Post
                          renee???!!!!

All challenges are opportunity if you look at them the right way.
                          the cable zar rocks , you da man,i mean zar,opps
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Ummmm, what's going on here? CNN OVERHEARD BACK STAGE

Zar to obama " this chi com cable sucks , just like their oversize root saws!
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Ummmm, what's going on here? CNN LIVE AT 5

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              the cable zar rocks , you da man,i mean zar,opps

If you're gonna make me zar (tzar? czar?) of something, make it jetting; at least I'm qualified to comment there.
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X